Vaillant EcoTec Plus 832 - Water too hot!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

I have a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 832, about 5 years old now. Never had any issues with it until now...

A few days ago I noticed that the water from the hot taps was EXTRMELY hot. After a bit of head scratching, I thought someone may have fiddled with the temperatures on the boiler. After a quick look, central heating was set to 55*C and the DHW was also set to 55*C. However, upon further investigation, I can see that when a hot tap is open the boiler is heating the water to 75*C! It appears to completely ignore the temperature set for DHW and is heating it to the maximum temperature.

There are no error codes, and no other signs of malfunction. Heating still working perfectly, it's just the the hot. As you can imagine, this isn't only very wasteful but could be quite dangerous too.

Can anyone suggest what could be wrong? Or how I could go about diagnosing it?

From my point of view, the boiler knows what temperatures are set, and is also measuring the DHW correctly (ie, it's reading 75*C, the actual temperature rather than the requested).

Thanks everyone!

Sponsored Links
That’s not the temperature that will be arriving at the taps, that’s the flow temperature at the boiler. I’m guessing you have the combi version? Normally they heat the incoming cold to a temperature rise above depending on litres per minute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back