1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaillant ECOTEC plus 825 or 832?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by azillio, 9 Aug 2021.

1. azillio

azillio

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello all..

I'm planning to replace my combi soon and am wondering which of the Vaillants to go for - the ECOTEC plus 825 or 832?

I don't fully understand the differences (efficiency, power, capability etc.) but I have a two bedroom / one bathroom flat (draughty) with double panel radiators throughout and a standard bath with over shower.. The water flow is around 10l/minute (sometimes a tad less if there's high demand).

Is there a rule of thumb as to boiler rating? It's not the difference in purchase price that I'm too concerened about, more getting the boiler that is best suited and won't struggle. Is 'bigger' (power) best or is a 'smaller' boiler in fact a better choice?

Many thanks if anyone has a simple to follow rule of thumb to suggest..

Cheers!

2. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    825 is 25 KW 832 is 32 KW either is more than large enough for your CH requirements, if you only have 10l/min the 825 will do you, the difference is the DHW flow rates nothing else

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    duplicate post

5. azillio

azillio

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    @lanmcd

OK, thanks. I think I understood right, the 25kw is more than enough for the heating, and even if the water flow increased (Thames Water could produce a miracle!) a couple of litres/minute, the 25kw would still be more than enough..

Cheers again.

6. Sponsored Links