Vaillant ECOTEC plus 825 or 832?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all..

I'm planning to replace my combi soon and am wondering which of the Vaillants to go for - the ECOTEC plus 825 or 832?

I don't fully understand the differences (efficiency, power, capability etc.) but I have a two bedroom / one bathroom flat (draughty) with double panel radiators throughout and a standard bath with over shower.. The water flow is around 10l/minute (sometimes a tad less if there's high demand).

Is there a rule of thumb as to boiler rating? It's not the difference in purchase price that I'm too concerened about, more getting the boiler that is best suited and won't struggle. Is 'bigger' (power) best or is a 'smaller' boiler in fact a better choice?

Many thanks if anyone has a simple to follow rule of thumb to suggest..

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
825 is 25 KW 832 is 32 KW either is more than large enough for your CH requirements, if you only have 10l/min the 825 will do you, the difference is the DHW flow rates nothing else

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
@lanmcd

OK, thanks. I think I understood right, the 25kw is more than enough for the heating, and even if the water flow increased (Thames Water could produce a miracle!) a couple of litres/minute, the 25kw would still be more than enough..

Cheers again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back