No Heating No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help.

My problem has only just started but is causing me a big headache. i'm getting a loud banging noise coming from the pipes directly above the boiler. Although I can here the boiler start up, within a minute it shuts itself off and keeps repeating this process. This applies to both Hot water and the central heating. I've checked the header tank and main tank and they are both full, so there's water in the tanks. I've bled all the radiators and there all ok. However the highest one in the bathroom has no water coming out. This is strange as when the boiler is on and the banging starts loads of air comes out and then water; the boiler then cuts out. If I then try to bleed that radiator with everything switched off, nothing happens, no water - no air, nothing.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
Is your pump running? To check, take the big screw out and look at the shaft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back