No hot water after boiler was turned off.

I'm wondering if you drained the system when the boiler was on causing it to overheat perhaps ... on the right side of the electric fire front you will have a small digital display is this showing an error ? If so reset

no it was all turned off, no error

Sponsored Links
Removing rads I'd definitely a diy job, you've made a mistake with the first one, it happens just learn from it and the rest should be fine.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-compression-blanking-nut-15mm/55441

Get a cap like above for the weeping pipe, you'll need to check the size of yours to get the right one or just buy both sizes as there cheap enough.

As for your heating now not working with the rad off I'd guess you've introduced an airlock into the system.

Firstly check the tank for the system is full, then bleed all the remaining rads, then find out what type of pump your system has and look up or ask in here how to bleed that too.

Its very unlikely you've damaged the system if it was all switched off and all you've basically done is lost some water from it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back