No Hot Water Through Tap

6 weeks :eek: :eek: :eek:

don't know they are born :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i had 2 days of being dragged out of bed at 4 am being beaten with a bossing stick while i walked 3 miles to work then worked a 25 hour shift

and you think its hard :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Well Bster, when the five years is up all that training if you dont know much then it will not be the training on and off job thats at fault.

BTW "receiving" is the correct spelling of "recieving". Plumbers need to know that when they give reciepts, oops reciepts!

After only three days my Polish plumber can now identify boilers installed without a condensate drain connection.

Tony

when my course started there was a work shy (on the dole) group who gained there NVQ2 in 12 months flat and had a free tool kit. whilst are group are still finishing (well i've finished mine :D ) theirs and no free tools . How does that work?......but i know which group of plumbers will 'probably' be the better bet in the long run..maybe!

Sponsored Links
i agree and disagree.. i go to college 1 day a week so i am on the job for the rest of the week, the other guys are quicker than me but i do the gas rates, ventilation calcs etc and generally the main gas installer discusses problem situations with me rather than the recently qualified engineer of 6 years. what i'm saying is that if you cant be bothered to learn the regs and various scenarios that dont occur or cant be learned in work you will never know them or be prepared for them when they do occur i definatly beleive that on the job you will learn XXX amount but collage\reading up etc will allow you to learn\be aware of the other XX amount that combined to make you an XXXXX plumber and not an XXX plumber......get me : :confused: ?

If you learn entirely on the job you are only as good/bad as the people you work with, if you leatn solely from a desk then all the knowledge in the world is irrelevent if its not put into real world situations, but together there is no doubt (in my mind ) it will make you a much better plumber.

i agree and am glad to hear you are going about it the right way

keep plugging the old hands on here bonny lad ;)

they will keep you right :eek:

Hijack! Hijack!

Only joking.

Good luck Bster, I'll be back when I need some more plumbing advice.

C&Gstudent - sorry mate kind of snowballed. hope you sort your friend out!

bster said:
when my course started there was a work shy (on the dole) group who gained there NVQ2 in 12 months flat and had a free tool kit. whilst are group are still finishing (well i've finished mine :D ) theirs and no free tools . How does that work?.....!
Always been the same ;) back in 1972...there was 2 of us apprentices and a guy from a govt. training agency, with his free tools :LOL: ...It`s all down to attitude .I like yours ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back