No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Housewarmer 45 Electronic back boiler with Economy 2 gas fire and the hot water has been getting cooler over a few weeks, till now it's off.

Previously I have drained, flushed and filled again with inhibitor and I doubt there is air in the system.

I can understand that when the heating goes on the pump starts and the water get's hot (This happens ok), but what happens when the heating is off and the hot water is on, is there an electronic valve?

Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
I think I've solved it myself!

I removed the immersion tank, put a hose pipe on each of the coil fittings and flushed the coil through and lots of very black water came out.

I also removed the plug for immersion heater, and inspected the inside. shook the tank and most of the fur on the coil fell off, a bit of wood knocked the rest off.

Then I put a pump on the 28mm pipework and flushed it so it also cleaned the boiler, and again loads of very black water came out.

Put it all back together and 'Hot water' again.

Hope this helps someone else with an old boiler.

Cheers, Camerart

Spoke too soon! I have been flushing (mains pressure) through different sections of the system plus more sentinel, and lots more black sludge came out.

The hot water works ok but the heating doesn't unless the hot water is on.

Can someone tell me: With a pumped heating/gravity water (no diverter valve) what tells the boiler to fire up when the pump starts?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back