No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with no hot water cooler Ming from my taps and shower. I am only getting Cold water but no water from hot tap in flat. Other things I can tell you

- boiler seems alright as water is heating up (can feel pipes hot),!pilot light is on when water is on, boiler pressure is 1.5 on screen display, it's a vaillant Ecotec plus 615 condensing system boiler.

- we had person install our kitchen tap after there was hardly any cold water coming from that tap only. He stopped the water and the installed the new tap, after little while hot water stop coming.

- we have central heating, live in purpose built mansion block. Hard wAter and area, have a pump installed for our shower to increase the rate.

From my research in last four days problem is with the system and perhaps zone valve.

Appreciate anybody on this forum bringing my hot water back

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Assuming you mean no water at all from the hot tap, rather than cold water from the hot tap, then there is a chance that the cold water inlet to the hot water cylinder has been turned off. Look at your hot water cylinder (probably in an airing cupboard). The pipe going into the very bottom of the cylinder (and it may be hidden around the back of the cylinder) is the cold water inlet. Follow this pipe and you should find a gate valve (red circular handle) or an isolation valve (straight handle). This valve may be closed. If a gate valve, turn the handle anti-clockwise as far as it will go then back half a turn to open. If an isolation valve, the handle should be parallel with the pipe, not at right angles "across" it. Open whichever type of valve you have. If its a gate valve and the handle just turns round and round without coming to a stop it is broken and will have to be replaced. I would recommend you get a plumber in to do this if necessary.

I have attached some pic. First of all from my research I now think issue may be with zone valve (see pic of it. I think that is zone valve) I also noticed my programmer to contro water and heating was loosely connected, in fact after few adjustments I knocked it off ( you can see the pic of it) so now I have no controller attached.

I turned gate valve anti-clockwise all the way and stop cock of hot ware as you can see from pic parallel. Still no hot water.

I appreciate and thanks in advance.

Regards

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 112
Sponsored Links
You won't get hot water without the programmer fitted. It needs to be properly fitted to ensure the exposed live terminals remain covered.

It was on loose fitting but on and working. I tried to adjust it but came off and then I tried to put back with tape on edges to hold it against the wall but it has not turned on yet.

Do you think it's the zone valve where the programmer is connected to the issue as water was not coming hot before programmer was attached albeit loose.

Yes it did. When hot watt is on boiler kick starts, pilot light is on, pressure is about 1.5-1.4, only thing is I read somewhere the inlet filter to boiler needs changing.

Not at home so can't test it but don't think. I need to get the programmer fixed first and see. But I know before radiators were not getting hot for a fact

That all looks a bit of a dog's breakfast. If there is a poor flow of water from all the hot taps then I would suspect a broken gate valve on the cold feed to the cylinder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back