No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a Worcester EcoTec Boiler and system is sealed with a 3 Port Honeywell Valve. When I turn on for Hot water the Rads warm up but the water remains Luke warm!

Can anyone shed light on this? Is it the Honeywell 3 Port Valve and if so how do I repair / replace?

Many Thanks All.

Sponsored Links
Need to check the valve out for correct operation, does it move to the correct position when HW is called for? basically check for hot water into the valve and then determined on what's calling, check the pipework out of the valve.

If the programmer is only calling for HW then the pipework into the valve should be hot and the pipe out to the HW cylinder should be hot and the CH side cooler, if not then the valve could be sticking.

Reactions: CBW
Crud check after the summer CH off period...a few sharp blows to the valve body to shake any crud out when hw demand turned on..do not hit the motor head.

Hi Folks

Am fitting the Head assembly on the Hoenywell 3 Port Valve. What position should the spindle on the main body we set to A or B or AB when fitting a new motorised Valve Head? OR does it not matter as the motor will align to the correct position when H/w Water is called or Heating or Both?

Many Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
Lock the head into manual position then align the valve to it, should be mid position. the valve can only be in 3 positions A/B or mid, it can't be over rotated.

Thanks Martyg turner and Madrab really appreciate your informative replies.(y)(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back