No HW or CH, potential programmer or 3 port value problems :)

You say you have a mid position 3 port valve , so you have a fully pumped system, but your old programmer is set to Gravity, you need to remove the programmer and set it to pumped on the back then put it back on
I can’t seem to see a Gravity / Pumped switch on the back, could it be that this programmer is too old to have one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links
Try turning this one 90 degrees anticlockwise...

View attachment 320862
Thank you I tried this this evening and it worked I can not turn on CH only and the boiler works and the heating comes on :)
So the issue now is only the boiler won’t come on when I have only HW selected. I have retaken the readings from the wires of the 3PV.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 25
Sponsored Links
Check the cylinder thermostat is receiving voltage from the programmer/ timer, it probably isn't.
Just double checked and it is receiving 240v.

I’ve just noticed there’s a boiler control reset and an element control reset on the cylinder thermostat. Could either of these help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 31
Check it’s sending 240Vac out on demand too.

Just double checked and it is receiving 240v.

I’ve just noticed there’s a boiler control reset and an element control reset on the cylinder thermostat. Could either of these help?
You could try the boiler reset ,the other one is for immersion heater.
Have you had immersion on ,is the water in cylinder already heated ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back