NO LIGHT ON MAIN BOX DOESN'T SOUND WHEN ALARM IS TRIGGERED

L

luke26

There is no light on the main box and when alarm is triggered the bell box sounds outside and a low pitch alarm comes from the actual keypad. I thought maybe the battery was flat when i took the cover off the box the alarm sounded i switched the mains of and this stoped but when i put the mains back on the red light still isnt illuminated and no sound comes from the main box when alarm is triggered. Do i just need a new battery put in the box or could this be a bit more of a serious problem although the alarm works in a sense and the bell box outside is very loud sometimes when the alarm is triggered and im in the house i dont know it has gone off as the main box doesnt make a sound. The keypad does but this is really quiet and can not be heard if im upstairs or in a different room.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you need a new battery. When was it last changed? Anything over 5 years old should be replaced, sooner if it's living in an airing cupboard.

Tell us the make and model of the alarm and which light you're talking about and we may be able to help more. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
By the look of the battery i would say well over 5 years i can buy one as i know what type is needed with regards to the light.the main internal box has a small red light which says power next to it this isnt illuminated even though it is wired up to the mains. If i get a new battery and put it in is it going to start going off uncontrollably? I live in a apartment and have two over neighbors on my floor and dont want to be disturbing them.Thanks for your help.

The make is a Accenta mini 8 and on the main box it s says G4 Accenta.

GO AWAY YOUR LIKE A BAD SMELL! CONSIDER YOURSELF BLOCKED! RUDE ARGENT INDIVIDUAL

Oh boy, just the way to get help.

What was that about double posts?

And don't shout, very childish.

Spat dummy because I told him not to start two posts about the same problem.... Confusing everyone and having to repeat himself twice.....

Got a engineer out this morning (someone who actually knows what there talking about) nothing to do with the internal speaker. All fixed and working fine and was covered under house insurance so didn't cost me a penny. And just for the record i didn't spit my dummy out, im new to the website and didn't realize making two posts would cause so much confusion for God sake! I will simply not be spoke to by the likes of "Sparkey" or whatever your name is looking at past post you have written to over members of the public in the same way, your a very rude individual and the best thing this website could do is remove you, worse experience ever and i will be making a complaint and if i knew who you really where and where you lived i would gladly come over and put your ****ing head through a brick wall ****ing little tosser! BYE!

Spat dummy because I told him not to start two posts about the same problem.... Confusing everyone and having to repeat himself twice.....
Couldn't agree more. Perhaps he'll report himself for the starred abuse he gave you. He did say BYE, so perhaps he has gone, we'll see.

Who cares? At least he won't back...

I couldn't believe that a newbie asking for help had come out with all that (undeserved) vitriol. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back