Pyronix Paragon Super - No Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
I'm hoping one of you clever people may be able to help me out?
Layout;
Main panel (no keypad) located in garage.
Alarm keypad located in the hall.
Until recently the alarm was working ok turned on/off fine, then the door chime seemed to get very loud & could not turn down (had to disconnect speaker wire) suspected a faulty keypad.
Current situation;
Keypad in hall has No Supply or Day lights illuminated, although interestingly it does have x1 green led back light illuminated between numbers 1,2,4,5.
Main panel has green supply light illuminated & x3 glass fuses are ok & internal battey is showing 13.2v on multimeter (disconnected)
Bell box has x2 red led's illuminated
I managed to locate a replacement Alarm Keypad however when changed over the situation remained & the same green back light led illuminated? (I would be unlucky to get x2 alarm panels with the exact same problem? & both panels appear to be in good condition)
Test;
Turn electric off at mains;
Green supply light goes out on main panel - Green led stays illuminated on alarm keypad - red led's on alarm box flash rapidly from side to side.
Further disconnect main panel 12v battery - main panel supply light remains out - green led on back light goes out - red led's on alarm box goes out - Alarm box siren sounds off (2nd battery in siren box)
Well if anyone has some constructive ideas on how to trace the possible fault i'd love to hear them please. thank you

Attachments

• DSC_0456.JPG
    DSC_0456.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 677
Sponsored Links
Have you tried ....for a start disconnect the keypad at the panel , wire one of the keypads via a short piece of cable ? Does it work ? If so check the wiring to the keypad.

Hello sparkymarka,

thanks for taking the time to reply, I have not tried that, but it's a great idea & will try it in the daylight. I'm new to this site so trying to work out how I thank you for your comment!
Thanks for your idea.

Hello sparkymarka,

you have put me on the right path I think.

Discovered that the existing panel is faulty & only x1 led back light works.
New panel is lighting up ok when on a 12v battery & straight from the garage panel.
Funnily enough only x1 led back light works on the new panel (same one as old panel) so will replace the x3 led's before installation.
The wiring from the garage panel to the rkp looks suspect at this stage & it's quite fine wiring so will replace (early start due to light fading!)

Thank you so much for your help & i'll let you know how I get on!

Still can't quite see how I give you a 'Thanks Received' but will work it out! cheers

Sponsored Links
You may find 1 led 1s lit in normal standby and the others come on after a key press or during entry exit
The thanks is at the bottom of the screen !

Hello sparkymarka,

I've just wired the new rkp to a 12v & tried the buttons however only x1 led was lit. It does ring a bell though ( no pun intended) about the rkp lighting up when a button is pressed, so I will hang back on changing any led's before installing the new panel in place.

Not sure I should be messing with electricity when I can't even find the 'thanks' button at the bottom of the page ? !! Maybe I'm going into the page thread in an incorrect way, as I just can't see it !!

Attachments

• RKP Test 2 new.JPG
    RKP Test 2 new.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 334
  • RKP Test 3 new.JPG
    RKP Test 3 new.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 376
I found the 'thanks icon' had to mouse over a blank area & it appeared.........no wonder I could not see it....phew

Hello Sparkymarka,

just to let you know I have wired the rkp into the main panel in the garage, this time connecting all x4 wires blue,yellow, black & red (last time just black&red) and the rkp lit up great, I put the alarm code in & just the supply & day panels were lit, as it should be. Also the other x3 back light led's lit up when I pushed x1 button, as you said.
I have some new alarm wire on order so will just put that in & all should be operating again.

The problem was twofold - 1, rkp faulty 2, wiring from main panel to rkp faulty.

I have to thank you for your suggestions as they really got me on the right track, to solving the puzzle.

In my original post I requested help from "one of the clever people" out there & I certainly received it, thank you again.

Cheers (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• RKP Test 6 new.JPG
    RKP Test 6 new.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 461
The End.........All Working Fine
(n)(n):confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:(y)(y):D:D:D

Attachments

• 6 activation code.JPG
    6 activation code.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,762
Hello! I have the same Paragon RKP alarm system, its very old and not used long time. I want it get work again and I bought new battery and now I need to understood wiring. And another problem, I don’t know code

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 72
How I need to connect it to get it working?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 58
That looks like a power supply ……not the main control panel that the keypad should be wired to…..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back