Veritas 8 Internal speaker only sounds when Full alarm triggered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just moved in and have noticed that the internal speaker only sounds when Full alarm is set and triggered. As far as I am aware, it should also sound when alarm is part set and triggered, i.e. when we are asleep upstairs. The speaker I refer to is on the wall in the hall, it is not the speaker inside the Veritas box.
Is this a setting or a wiring issue?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check the sounder first using this

1662383117257.png

Is the external sounder operating in full set? There is a programming option for internals only on part set but that should only affect the external sounder as far as I know (but I am no expert!)

Last edited:
Does the strobe flash on external sounder when alarm triggered.
If so faulty bell box
Post photo of external bell box.

Sorry, wasn't clear before.
Strobe flashes, external sounder and internal speaker in hall operate as expected on full set. On part set, external strobe flashes and sounder inside the Veritas box sounds but the speaker in the hall is silent.

Sponsored Links
Is the veritas box the control panel or remote keypad ?
Post photo of Hall sounder

That is an extension speaker - does this sound at all such as entry / exit tones? Try the options (3) and (4) above?

Do you have this panel?

1662391356666.png

There is an option in miscellaneous 01 to turn internal sounder off in part set.
This is defaulted on in programming,unless it's been changed.
Do you have engineer code ?

It sounds quietly on entry/exit. (3) & (4) tests are fine. Panel photo attached

Attachments

• 1ABDD7CC-B852-47AB-B5B1-543276CF65EB.jpeg
    1ABDD7CC-B852-47AB-B5B1-543276CF65EB.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 67
check Part set alarm setting, in miscellaneous menu …. think it be in the engineers manual.

There is an option in miscellaneous 01 to turn internal sounder off in part set.
This is defaulted on in programming,unless it's been changed.
Do you have engineer code ?
Isn't that for the entry / exit tones for silent part set? I cannot see why the extension doesn't sound on part set alarm but the panel speaker does

no idea what is on and off in misc menus at default as they have changed once or twice over the last few years, but if it isn’t sounding In part set that’s where it would be turned on or off.

Wiring wouldn’t make it sound in full set but not in part set As far as I am aware on a Veritas 8.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back