No power to shower in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

New to the forum. Desperate need of help :(

So ill explain what happened....

Friday night shower was working fine and had power. Saturday morning we turn all water off to the house to drain the system in the house to repair radiators. so we did this and radiators started working again.

Then i go to have a shower and all of a sudden the shower isnt working. To get power to the shower there is a pull cord with a light. When i pull the cord the light doesnt light. i check the fuse box. our fuse box is very old and is plug in plastic things with fuse wire. check all this nothing wrong. then replaced the pull cord switch and still no power.

any ideas appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Have got water coming out of the shower ? I'm trying to see a connection with your work on the radiators . If this is a shower heater they work from the mains , not from your loft tank.

no water either but that is right its from the mains the shower. The only reason i mentioned the work was because its very random that the shower stopped working after the work :(

Sponsored Links
Water being off or on will not interfere will the electric, unless you have water off and its blown the fuse (probably green fuse or mcb depending or shower rating) also if you have an old fuse board with no RCD then there will be one fitted in the circuit somewhere (or should be), not necessarily next to the existing board. I would guess that is the case and it has tripped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back