No Pressure Gauge on Combi Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can't see a pressure gauge on this boiler installation, can anyone tell me why?
P1030195.JPG

Sponsored Links
As above, if you look up from under the boiler you'll see it.

On another note how's the boiler been working? Not the most tidy of installs but looks like it was a good guy/company that did it. Shock arrestor, ABV, pretty decent filter, secondary air break on condensate and continuity bonding. Who did it?

Filling loop should be disconnected but from your post I'm guessing you've put that on to repressurise as blanking caps are present. 2 joints want cleaning back left where the green is as it will slowly eat your pipework.

Looks good though.

Jon

Sponsored Links
Filter would have been better on the return, stops the crud before it blocks the plate ;)

Hi Jon,
Thanks for your comment. It's an ex council house I bought recently for my stepson to live in. The boilers been working ok but I know it's not the best on the market. It was installed in 2009 by a Company called Eagaheat, I've got their Gas Safe certificate. We're in the process of doing work on the house and you're right the loop's connected because we've had radiators off. I'll get those joints cleaned.

Last edited:
How's the shock arrestor gonna work with a non return valve on it?
The check valve will stop the water in the arrestor from returning to the cold mains. The valve will be setup as a non return from the arrestor, not too it. Avoids what could be stale water from entering the mains.

How's the shock arrestor gonna work with a non return valve on it?
The check valve will stop the water in the arrestor from returning to the cold mains. The valve will be setup as a non return from the arrestor, not too it. Avoids what could be stale water from entering the mains.

That makes sense to me, Thanks Rob. This is a Great forum...(y)

I do love the erroneous comments on here sometimes....what's ****** though??

All the check valve needs to do is allow the pressure wave to the arrestor, and not allow any water back, why else would it be there??

Would I have used one, probably not. I can see why it might have been installed though.

Last edited:
Point of shock arrestor is to absorb the shock increase of pressure as for example a 1/4 turn tap is shut.

1st time u close a tap the shock wave will send (let's assume) 4 bar past that NRV and into the shock arrestor. NRV will then close trapping the 4 bar in the short section of pipe.

Next time a tap is shut will it open that NRV??

Probably didn't have a straight connector at the time, more like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back