No pressure in downstairs hot tap but fine upstairs!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have just moved into a house of my own and already am having a problem with my water works!!!
On the first day, I needed to clean the kitchen out (Using hot water) which was done succesfully with enough pressure and heat, when I came back in the evening to use the hot water in the kitchen, it was but a mere dribble, I have tried it and ever since and there is no pressure at all!
I have twiddled with taps from the boiler...openening fully and nothing!
Also... the hot taps in the upstairs bathroom are working absolutely fine and dandy. I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the actual tap in the kitchen as it was working fine before.
Please help me. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Well, I took the work into my own hands as absolutely nobody posted a reply back to me in time.

I switched the water mains off and drained every drop out of the system, then took the offending tap apart to reveal a dodgy washer! OK I just turned it around...but hey, it seems to work a treat now.

The reason I thought that it wouldn't be a washer fault was that I thought that maybe a bad washer could only make a leaky tap!

Farewell all.

Sometime the tap washer come apart and the water only come thru' the little hole of the washer and as you said reposition it solve the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back