No VAT on insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if I’m going to see the benefit, but in todays budget, it says they’ll be no VAT on insulation. (And solar panels and heat pumps)

Now before I get excited, as I’m soon going to need a ton of Celotex for my loft conversion, do you recon this is VAT off sheets at a builders merchant or some crappy scheme where you have to get insulation installed by an approved contractor? Can’t be doing with that nonsense.

Sponsored Links
Noone knows for sure but it was mentioned that it would be from 5% to 0% which suggest that these would be solar systems installed by MCS accredited providers.

Typical. After spending all my savings (OK, I had none) on insulation over the last 4 years, they cut the VAT.

It'll still be twice as expensive as it was 4 years ago though.

Sponsored Links
I think you know that it will be off the materials element of the "supply and fit services", and that the companies involved will promptly take the opportunity to increase their prices. You'll need to keep scouring eBay!

he definitely said from 5% to zero so that rules out anything with a higher vat level??

Currently VAT on insulation is 20%

Currently businesses that provide and install energy-saving materials can use a reduced rate of 5% VAT for the installation of certain ESMs in residential accommodation.

Yes, I think I know deep down that the “gift” is actually a load of hot air (insulation helps keep that in). Anyhow, I’ll keep hoping to try and recoup cost on the extortionate wood prices!

Am I surprised that politicians talk a load of *******s?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back