No vent pipe on system????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I,ve noticed there is no vent pipe on my central heating system,which is the best place to fit it???
before the pump or after the pump???
Cheers. :(

Sponsored Links
My system is 22 years old and has no dedicated vent pipe. It does have a feed/vent pipe. How old and wht type of system is yours. I guess what Im saying is why do you want to go to the bother.

My system is 22 years old and has no dedicated vent pipe. It does have a feed/vent pipe. How old and wht type of system is yours. I guess what Im saying is why do you want to go to the bother.
I previously had an old servowarm boiler,but that stopped working and I had it replaced with a potterton profile and since then I have had loads of problems with air in the syatem and the boiler shutting down.
I was told that a vent pipe will solve the problem.
Cheers. :)

Sponsored Links
the system probably has a combined open vent and cold feed.... this would give the appearance that there is no open vent... this is usually done to avoid needing to clear a blockage in the cold feed.....

The setup should be Boiler, open vent, pump.... Or BOP for an easy way to remember it...

Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back