Noah and the great deep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

This is a quote from the King James version re The Deluge, It says the windows of the heavens were opened ie the water above the firmanent came down.
It also states that the fountains of the great deep were broken up.

In other words water came up from below as well as down from above like an aquifer. Well guess what ?

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/12/rough-diamond-water-earth-wet-zone

Scientists think there is a vast body of water deep in the earth which could be more water than in the oceans.
So thousands of years ago theres mention of the great deep in the bible
and we've only just found it.

Sea shells have been found high in the himalayas so even they were under water at one time.

Whitcombe and morris proved quite clearly that most of the geological evidence today points to flooding as opposed to ice ages.
Ever seen the grand canyon ............water formed, sedimentary rock water laid.
Noahs flood ...........it really happened.

Sponsored Links
Sea shells have been found high in the himalayas so even they were under water at one time.

......geological evidence .... .

How can you have both of those in the same argument? Do you really think 'geological evidence' shows that water was once high enough to cover the Himalayas as they are today?

And furthermore How does geology support Biblical timescales in any way?

There may have been a flood of some kind , but 8,848m high ?

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

This is a quote from the King James version re The Deluge, It says the windows of the heavens were opened ie the water above the firmanent came down.
It also states that the fountains of the great deep were broken up.
The bible is not evidence that the bible is true.

In other words water came up from below as well as down from above like an aquifer. Well guess what ?

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/12/rough-diamond-water-earth-wet-zone

Scientists think there is a vast body of water deep in the earth which could be more water than in the oceans.
So thousands of years ago theres mention of the great deep in the bible
and we've only just found it.
Still not enough water to flood the Earth up to the highest mountain.
And the fact that such fossils have been found to be millions of years old doesn't worry you in your theory?

Whitcombe and morris proved quite clearly that most of the geological evidence today points to flooding as opposed to ice ages.
A pair of young earth creationists published a book in 1961, and you claim they "proved" a flood? I'm struggling to think of something less scientific than their crowbarring facts into their hypothesis. Pure pseudoscience. An embarassment to most christians.
Ever seen the grand canyon ............water formed, sedimentary rock water laid.
Over millions of years. And your point is?

And of course there's the practicalities of the ark, and all those animals, and building a sea worthy vessel that large out of wood, but I digress.

Noahs flood ...........it really happened.
Not sure if serious.

Sponsored Links
The highest mountains of today, were not necessarily the highest mountains of yesteryear.
...The geology of Mount Everest then is very simple. The mountain is a huge slice of solidified sediments that once lay at the bottom of the Tethys Sea, an open waterway that existed between the Indian sub-continent and Asia over 400 million years ago. The sedimentary rock was slightly metamorphosed from its original deposition and then lifted upward at an amazingly speedy rate-as much as 4.5 inches (10 centimeters) a year as the Himalayas rose...

-0-

The highest mountains of today, were not necessarily the highest mountains of yesteryear.
...The geology of Mount Everest then is very simple. The mountain is a huge slice of solidified sediments that once lay at the bottom of the Tethys Sea, an open waterway that existed between the Indian sub-continent and Asia over 400 million years ago. The sedimentary rock was slightly metamorphosed from its original deposition and then lifted upward at an amazingly speedy rate-as much as 4.5 inches (10 centimeters) a year as the Himalayas rose...

-0-
Question - would the impact of several hundred feet of water from above, combined with the sudden emptying of underlying aquifiers, on a global scale, likely cause geological upheaval in any way?

Well Thank you for the information. But i have some questions. First what is the authentic age of Prophet Noah. I have read about Noah's age in many books but it varies writer to writer. Some writers wrote it was 600 and some wrote it was 900. So, what you people say about it? Secondly some people claim that they have found the rest of the pieces of Noah's ark in Turkey's Mount Ararat. It is very confusing. I have visited many blogs online history websites etc but i couldn't find the words on which i could believe. So, is it reality that Prophet Noah's ark has been found ? Any authentic reference ?

Well Thank you for the information. But i have some questions. First what is the authentic age of Prophet Noah. I have read about Noah's age in many books but it varies writer to writer. Some writers wrote it was 600 and some wrote it was 900. So, what you people say about it?
I don't think there is an "authentic age" for a mythical person, but sources give his age as about 600 when the floods hit, and 950 when he died.

Such ages make it clear that this stroy is a nice story, but not much more.
Secondly some people claim that they have found the rest of the pieces of Noah's ark in Turkey's Mount Ararat.
No. Its a naturally occurring rock formation:
http://www.andrews.edu/archaeology/archive/merling/newpage21.htm

I don't think there is an "authentic age" for a mythical person, but sources give his age as about 600 when the floods hit, and 950 when he died.

Such ages make it clear that this stroy is a nice story, but not much more.

The earliest known calendar is from about 8000 BC. Ergo, Adam and Eve must pe-date this calendar.
And by a good while if mankind had spread from the Garden of Eden to Scotland.
So, it's a fair bet that there were no known calendars duing Noah's time.
Then there's the natural desire to exagerate stories being transmitted verbally down the generations.
Then there's the possibility that there might have been a mistake in translation viz YEARS/MONTHS.
Suppose Noah wasn't 950 YEARS old, but 950 MONTHS old. That would make him about 80 years old when he died!

But would he have had the time to build an Ark, collect all the animals, withstand the flood, then live for a futher 350 YEARS/MONTHS (possibly a further 10 years if it was months they were counting)?

Well, he could have been about 50 years old at the time of the flood, if the years/months were interchanged.

Yes, of course, so when the creationists say the world is 6,000 years old they actually mean months and it was really created in 1514

or maybe instead of 6,000 years they mean 6,000 periods of 750,000 orbits of the Sun

Noah's ark was really a spaceship and the DNA was taken of the animals. Everyone knows that.

If Noah took two of every species, does that include fish?

If Noah took two of every species, does that include fish?

no,he did not have to take in the sea fish,whales sharks, as they survived ,in the sea, the judgment was not on the animals,but on a very wicked mankind.
the earth was filled whith violance. they most prob laughed at noah,building a ship, maybe in the middle some land, no were near the sea. he would of warned them, what was comming and they most probably laughed him off,

Sponsored Links
Back