Noah and the great deep

If Noah took two of every species, does that include fish?

no,he did not have to take in the sea fish,whales sharks, as they survived ,in the sea, the judgment was not on the animals,but on a very wicked mankind.
the earth was filled whith violance. they most prob laughed at noah,building a ship, maybe in the middle some land, no were near the sea. he would of warned them, what was comming and they most probably laughed him off,

You do realise Noahs ark, flood etc is a fairy tale don't you?

Sponsored Links

no,he did not have to take in the sea fish,whales sharks, as they survived ,in the sea, the judgment was not on the animals,but on a very wicked mankind.
the earth was filled whith violance. they most prob laughed at noah,building a ship, maybe in the middle some land, no were near the sea. he would of warned them, what was comming and they most probably laughed him off,

But he did kill millions of animals ( and people)!

How would the sea living fish survive if enough fresh water rained down to cover the Earth? :rolleyes:

The amount of stuff on the internet devoted to various myths and legends is staggering. Eg

http://www.truthbeknown.com/noah.htm

How would the sea living fish survive if enough fresh water rained down to cover the Earth? :rolleyes:

The amount of stuff on the internet devoted to various myths and legends is staggering. Eg

http://www.truthbeknown.com/noah.htm[/QUOTE]

Having read that article, it has just occurred to me that the bible, or at least some of its books, could actually have been written as, literally, fairy stories just as similarly far-fetched stories are written for people's entertainment today.

Why not? Is it inconceivable that these books, which are today widely regarded as the word of God, were actually written as works of fiction and moralistic stories for children?

You heard it here first. (I'll probably find myself turned away from the pearly gates now.)

Sponsored Links

Having read that article, it has just occurred to me that the bible, or at least some of its books, could actually have been written as, literally, fairy stories just as similarly far-fetched stories are written for people's entertainment today.

Why not? Is it inconceivable that these books, which are today widely regarded as the word of God, were actually written as works of fiction and moralistic stories for children?

You heard it here first. (I'll probably find myself turned away from the pearly gates now.)

It could be - not something I have thought of before . I thought of them as stories to explain the world rather than just yarns.

Do you think that the old oral traditions had these stories for the fireside before they were blended into a religious framework and subsequently written down?

Stories about Samson, Cú Chulainn, Asterix all great tales.

Also things like restrictions on eating pigs and shellfish, were they initially practical warnings on food going off?

It could be - not something I have thought of before . I thought of them as stories to explain the world rather than just yarns.

Do you think that the old oral traditions had these stories for the fireside before they were blended into a religious framework and subsequently written down?

Also things like restrictions on eating pigs and shellfish, were they initially practical warnings on food going off?

your correct, in that alot of food that was prohibited was becuase it was not good to eat. not wholsome,bad for the health,thats why they called it unclean. becuase it was not good to eat. it was to keep the Jews free from,disease and ill health.

i know what your saying , how could fresh water fish,survive in salt water
i know that sea trout can swim in the sea,and fresh water. the amount of
fresh water mixed whith sea water would of made it bearable,but there is a better explanation in creation science web site.

we would all be turned away ,if it was not for what Jesus did and gave his life for us all, so we could be reconciled to God.
so you are welcome to come to God,he would never turn any one away.
no one can earn there way to heaven, its a gift. by grace, undeserved favour. but people need to make there own minds up, weather they want to recieve forgiveness,and follow christ or not.
God does not reject people,people reject God.

i know what your saying , how could fresh water fish,survive in salt water
i know that sea trout can swim in the sea,and fresh water. the amount of
fresh water mixed whith sea water would of made it bearable,but there is a better explanation in creation science web site.

Any link? Does it explain how an extra 8,000 m depth of water, all round the globe , comes into this?

your correct, in that alot of food that was prohibited was becuase it was not good to eat. not wholsome,bad for the health,thats why they called it unclean. becuase it was not good to eat. it was to keep the Jews free from,disease and ill health.

So not a command of divine origin, but a practical one of man?

Pity he didn't make them clean when he was creating them and told man that "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you".

Why did he change his mind to make them unclean?

And why did he change it back again when Jesus came on the scene?

we would all be turned away ,if it was not for what Jesus did and gave his life for us all, so we could be reconciled to God.
so you are welcome to come to God,he would never turn any one away.
no one can earn there way to heaven, its a gift. by grace, undeserved favour. but people need to make there own minds up, weather they want to recieve forgiveness,and follow christ or not.
God does not reject people,people reject God.

So I can live whatever life I want ,because God may choose to ignore a good life anyway, and gift me an undeserved ticket to heaven.

That's a relief!

Yes, exactly what I was proposing. Perhaps some aimed at adults and others written for children, especially the moralistic ones.

Some of the 'historical' OT books, you know, the ones with all the 'begatting' could hardly be described as entertainment. Perhaps they were written for people with sleep disorders.

The Ten Commandments, I am sure, were put together by Moses to deter crime and, being 'the word of God', had the value of instilling fear as, in those days, everyone believed in an omnipotent supernatural being.

As you say, the bit about not eating certain foods was certainly a practical guide to avoiding food poisoning or taking on board such things as tapeworms. As we all know, certain religions still prohibit the consumption of such foods despite the fact that we now know how to avoid illness by, for example, cooking food thoroughly. I suspect they'll catch up with the rest of us... eventually!

If science is so clever, why did it believe in the steady state theory of the universe for so many years? If they'd read the Bible (In the beginning there was darkness and God said "let there be light) they would have known about the 'big bang theory' two thousand years earlier.

Sponsored Links
Back