Nobex Proman Mitre Saw

Geo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I`m looking for opinions from anyone who owns this particular saw.
I`ve owned a few so called "precision" mitre saws over the years and have decided it`s about time i bought a half decent one.

I will be using it mainly for cutting 3" dia pvc pressure pipe (~6mm wall) into very short sections, but also timber and possibly even aluminium tube from time to time.

A reasonable saw for the job?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Never had a Nobex, but I did have an Ulmia, and about the only two makes you'll find in picture framers' are Ulmia and Nobex. Both have a good reputatiuon

Scrit

Hi Scrit
Thanks for the reply and the info.

It`s always good to know what`s what before parting with the hard earned cash ;)
I can`t seem to find a stockist for the Ulmia, so it looks like i`ll be buying the Nobex.

All the best.

The only to get an Ulmia these days seems to be to order it from Germany, but they aren't cheap! They're also not as versatile as the Nobex.

Scrit

Sponsored Links
I've got a nobex. No problems, but then I don't know what I'm doing ;)

Hi Oilman,
Sounds like the ideal saw then ;)

I can`t cut straight to save my life so my chances of cutting off pvc tube perfectly are slightly worse than me winning the lottery :LOL:

cheers for the info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back