Noise cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In an attempt to deter the unnecessary noisy cars, the government is at last to roll out noise cameras - if your car makes too much noise, it will trigger the camera and generate a fine, just like the speed cameras.

Deliberately noisy cars and drivers, is a particular problem around here, but at least only during normal traffic hours, on what is usually a quite road. It must be much worse for those living alongside roads which are busy round the clock.

Sponsored Links
In an attempt to deter the unnecessary noisy cars, the government is at last to roll out noise cameras - if your car makes too much noise, it will trigger the camera and generate a fine, just like the speed cameras.

Deliberately noisy cars and drivers, is a particular problem around here, but at least only during normal traffic hours, on what is usually a quite road. It must be much worse for those living alongside roads which are busy round the clock.
You got a link to this?

Sponsored Links
The details are here:

I suspect the "cameras" can't be used to show breach of construction and use, because a person could argue that background noise of other vehicles caused the high reading. Its not really a controlled environment. Its more likely they will use the slightly dodgy "vehicle ASBO" laws. it pretty much says that in the above.

1. camera pings you
2. you get a naughty boy letter
3. you get a vehicle asbo
4 they enforce the asbo

Maybe I'm becoming a boring old fart, however some of the exhaust noise levels you hear are ridiculous. There's loud and then there's LOUD.

Maybe I'm becoming a boring old fart, however some of the exhaust noise levels you hear are ridiculous. There's loud and then there's LOUD.
Interestingly, this is the MOT wording

Exhaust noise from the vehicle must not be unreasonably above the noise level you’d expect from a similar vehicle with a standard silencer in average condition.

It seems the smaller and less powerful the car, the more they have to make up for it's deficiencies with noise. It's just stupidity and annoying for everyone they drive past, apart from the impressionable little girls.

I will welcome all of these "cameras" on every lampost & suitable vantage point with open arms if they cut down on the NOISE.

So long as the real reason they're buttering you all up to accept all of these cameras isn't because those very same cameras are watching our every move & every word we utter . . . . . !

True.....

Yet if you stand in the street with a camera, chances are you will attract a copper's attention and they will ask you what you're filming and why.

Total madness.

Blimey back in the day when we used to go on our Sunday morning bike runs

Nortons
Triumphs

Me on the Triton open Megas :cool:

Used to go through one local high street and you could see the glass window panes rattling :cool:

Than I built the Weslske jeezus did that bark

Sold to some bloke in Sweden so some where ( I hope) in Sweden that bike is shattering the silence on
Some summers day :ROFLMAO:

When I get this cobra on the road it has patriot side pipes

Gun her down the coast on an early morning summer run

That will wake em up
:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back