Noise diagnosis?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fully pumped system using a glow-worm micron 70FF. It has a divertor valve near the pump. If the valve is set to o.3 bar you get good performance but as the system switches off a loud knocking noise occurs. If I alter the valve setting I can get rid of this but takes longer to heat the radiators. Anyone got any suggestions as to the ideal setting or could this be related to a specific fault.

Thanks

Doc

Sponsored Links
do you mean an automatic bypass valve linking the flow and return after the pump and before the motorized valve/s?

Yes I think that is the valve you mentioned, it is a big brass valve with a plastic screw top with a scale marked in bar. The lowest setting is 0.5 and the closer the reference mark is to this the more noise I get. To be honest I'm not sure what this valve actually does. Thanks very much for taking the time to comment.

Bob

The valve is there to provide a path for the water if all the other valves are shut. What happens if you set it to a higher figure?

Sponsored Links
If I set the valve higher I get less noise but it takes much longer to get any heat in the system which seems very inefficient, I was wondering what would happen if I closed the valve off completely but I'm a bit apprehensive I might damage the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back