Noises fro Central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Oil fired Esse sovereign Range which does H/W as well as C/H. Recently when first starting up there starts a gradual thumping in the C/H near the Esse system which gradually builds up to a load metallic clank somewhere near the pump. Water then appears to flow through the pump. This goes on for some time and the rads take forever to heat up. eventually it seems to subside but I am sure the rads are not has hot as they were before this happened.

I checked the header tank in the loft which was dry due to the previous owners probably turning the cold feed off (went through last winter un-noticed). I also seem to have a problem with the rad thermostat in one room that won't turn off and it warms up extremely slowly. I have always had air problems and have to bleed a couple of the rads at least once a month.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back