Noisey ignition

Bit more than that!

As you are the shared owner, I think you should have a right to have a kosher Benchmark with the CORGI number and ID of the installer.

It does not seem to have been filled in by a CORGi for a start.

As for out of warrantee, if there were issues identified DURING the warrantee period and the manufacturer failed to fix them then I think they still have a responsibility as they failed to fix them during the warrantee period.

Dont put up with second rate service now if you are ever expecting to become the full owner.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sounds very like an intermitent sticking gas valve/or low ignition pressure not correctly set .
It may be also be a sticking governor on the gas meter,as you say it does it after being off for a while so if you can turn gas cooker on just before you want the boiler to work and it works ok then this would indicate meter fault..But as new property i doubt this is the fault.
As for chasing air around system check auto airvent in boiler is open.

Is heating not g`teed from builder for 2/3 years in new builds

Bengas the guy mentioned it was a combi in initial post take it you missed this when going on about existing pump and being open vented

Bengas the guy mentioned it was a combi in initial post take it you missed this when going on about existing pump and being open vented

would not be the first where they left this in place. last week a guy had problems with a cdi that was left open, and this op had obviously cowboy-work done in his place

picture posted yesterday (someone else) showed half dozen cowboy tricks.

if you work in london, you can expect anything

I originally sent an email about the boiler making a noise during the defect period.The list I sent wasnt given to the clerk of works,so when he turned up he had to run through everything again.I fogot to mention at the time about the boiler problem.I contacted them via email a few days later to have it added to the list but clerk of works was away on hol.They said the plumber would have a look at the work when he came around during the defects work.He tunred up went on about a loose lid as I previously explained and took no real interest in the problem.The problem didnt occur for a number of months but has now re-occured a few times.
I have already said that the defects work had been completed.But as this is the same problem re-occuring maybe I have a leg to stand on.Could I get a defect that has re-occured outside of the defects period done free of charge?The retention probably has been released so he would be responsible for the work?I have to tread very carefully with my landlord as don't want to get on wrong side of them, but also want to get this work sorted out.

Firstly there is no signature,name and corgi number on the benchmark.This isn't illegal is it,just good practise?I could contact them and get them to have it filled out.Will this effect me selling the property later on?

What is the council notification?Is this issued by the installer to the council to say the work was installed to the corect corgi standards?This is just good practise to?

bengasman you mentioned that certain details were filled out correctly what would they be?The return temp?

I contacted the manufacturer who said contact your installer as it will be covered in the defect works.I think there was a years warrantee.

I'm wondering if I really have any ground to stand on here with this.It's frustrating that if the plumber had done his work correctly in the first place I wouldnt have this hassle.

Also how will I know if the vent is open or not?Or even working?I can touch this part of the boiler,its just the firing mechanism part of the boiler I can't?

Once again thanks to all of you for your help

Sponsored Links
I think that the Benchmark is required under the Building Regulations.

It is certainly accepted as evidence that the installation was self certified by the CORGi registered installer. But thats when it has been correctly completed with the installers CORGI details.

Tony

Probably a typo; should have been Incorrect details.
Defect period repairs would still apply as you reported the defect in time, they just did not take correct action.
This will not affect the future sale of house, too common a problem.
You will have to choose between taking action and getting this corrected, and not rocking the boat

I reported the defect in time but the installer than came to site appeared to fix and then I have said that the defects have been rectified.Now the problem has re-occured does that still warrant me be able to get the work done as part of the defects?As far as I know my landlord works with the developer on a number of projects on a continual basis,so they try to keep a good rerlationship,this may help,but maybe the plumber was a sub-contractor,who they might not be able to trace.Also what details dop you think look incorrect on the benchmark.As I might be able to argue that it looks like it hasnt been commissioned correctly.

Here's a email I'm hoping to send to my landlord(please let me know what you think):

Do you have any idea where the certificate from Corgi is that should have been passed on by them if then boiler installer had notified them of the work?I have also checked my technical manual which has a benchmark certificate at the end, to discover that although ome of the details have been filled out the installer has not left their name,signature or registrered corgi number.This sounds a little worrying.I'm beginning to hope the boiler was not installed illegally by a non corgi resitered installer.Could you look into this matter for me.It's likely that this will cause me and Paradigm problems when the property is sold at a later date, as there will not be any proof that it has been installed to the necessary manufacturer and health & safety standards.
I have also noticed that an intermittant problem I reported within the defects period has re-occured to my boiler.The firing of the boiler now and again sounds like something is stuck when firing and then makes a louder noise than usual when firing up.Its possible that when this boiler was installed that it was incorrectly commissioned.
I look forward to a reply
Many Thanks

call CORGI to ask them if your boiler ws notified and check out this installer while you are at it

:)

I've contacted corgi,they have told me to contact my landlord and see if they can get the plumber to produce the info I require.The benchmark is for my warrantee,which has expired now anyway.The certificate I will need for HIPS if I sell and could cause problems if not in place.They didnt comment on my boiler defect.I've sent an email to my landlord to now.
I dont have the installers name so cant check,landlord will probably have that

Email sounds like a good start. Avoid getting into technical details as you won’t stand a chance if anyone asks you a direct question.
It does not matter what was filled out right and what wrong; if the document can not be traced to a valid installer, it has no value whatsoever.
The best thing to do is to get a statement from corgi, in writing. Do not call anybody as it serves no purpose. Corgi or building control should be able to tell you. I avoid dealing with the council as you never know if the person you are dealing with is switched on or a muppet. Experience puts my money on the latter.

I have just noticed a notification no at the top of the page.It starts off 1005... I'll contact corgi and see where my certificate is on monday.

Could someone run me through the exact process for bleeding a combi boiler system correctly?The manual isnt that clear just says you can do it radiators which I have ion the spast but still hasnt released everything.Also mentions about opening the manual and automatic vent and running the pump?

The way I have done this in the past is to have the heating on listern to where I think the air has passed certain radiators and then turn there TRV off completely,leaving me with the one radiator tht appears to usually have more air in.This radiator is also the one without a TRV in my hallway.Index run I guess?I'll leave system off then till it cools down and try to bleed air from that one radiator.Ive not tried it via the pump or manual air vent either.How is this done ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back