Noisy Atag combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :)

I have recently had an Atag E32C (combi) boiler installed.

The boiler is great apart from one thing, it makes what I think are unusual noises.

The noises vary, but usually sound like if you were to close a door which scrapes the frame. Sometimes it makes a juddering noise also (less frequently). It appears to happen when the heating comes on (sometimes) and when the HW is turned off.

Any ideas? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Hi John, about a month!

Yes there are chemicals in the CH.

Has the boiler been commissioned exactly to the MI's and the commissioning sheet sent back to ATAG?

These need setting a bit different to other boilers, but one would assume that you had an ATAG 'select dealer' fit it.

Call him back to check. If he is genuine ATAG he will want to get this sorted for you asap.

Sponsored Links
Hi gas4you,

I assume he is 'select dealer', I got his number from Atag directly.

He said he was going to send the warranty to Atag, and I have received the CORGI building regs certificate.

The noise doesn't happen everytime and it happens to varying degrees so I wanted to do a little research before I drag him out (possibly unnecessarily) as he's 90mins away.

Have you encountered this sort of thing before?

Thanks in advance :)

We can speculate on here, but why don't you give the chap a call. If he installs Atag he must be friendly and knowledgable. He also knows more about the system layout that any of us reading this.

I think its a simple fault on the system rather than the boiler itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back