Noisy Ball Valve and Yellow water!

Fud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed new cold water storage tank in the loft, including new (Part 1 High Pressure) Ball Valve, which is now making an absolute racket. Old one was fine, but not pretty to look at... B&Q part installed, anything I can do/have done wrong?? Feed is straight from mains.

In addition my hot water has now taken on a nice yellow tinge, have tried running it for ages but still coming through, what can I do?? I guess this results from draining system but need a fix!!!!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Er don't think so. Have an oil fired boiler for central heating and hot water for winter and an immersion heater in the hot water cylinder for the summer, if that makes sense?

Youv'e just stirred up deposits in cylinder when re-filling, will have settled back by the time you have had a good nights kip!

Sponsored Links
OK sounds likely, especially as it seems to be getting better already.

Any tips re the new ball valve? Surely a new part should not be so bl00dy noisy??

You should have an isolating valve just before the tank, water by-laws say so but not always the case, if you don't try fitting one, then "throttle" it down a bit, alternatively fit a part 2 ballvalve!!

OK I'll give that a go.

Should the part 2 valve cure the problem anyway or is there a chance it could happen even if I swap them straight away?

Part 2 are best type now for fitting to cold water tanks in lofts. part 1 hae a high backflow risk and are not permitted.

Yeah have heard that (subsequent to buying of course) but not sure whether that requirement will be in force over here (Channel Islands) although I guess it is.

I'll tweak the pressure and see what that does, if it's no good I'll change out for a type 2 but perhaps I'll just do that anyway.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back