noisy flowmax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't often get to play with these and came to one today which is really noisy from the hot water circulating pump. It sounds almost as if the tank has air at the top and the primary circulating water is splashing back into the top. Anyone enlighten me?

Sponsored Links
Whats a flomax ?

If you can't fix it then leave it that no one else will.:cool:

Balenza said:
Whats a flomax ?

Glad I aint the only one who never heard of it

BTW bal you can add a signature on your profile, it saves typing it everytime

Fortic thermal store cylinder. This type of thing:

flowmax.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ah come on, surely not impossible. I'm guessing there is a blockage from the storage tank to the cylinder. So what I guess I'm saying is....what is the long term fix?, rather than just backfilling through the vent.

I wonder if these have that stupid fill pipe design that the early boilermates have where it is like a hockey stick at the bottom of the tank so gets blocked with all the crud.

Has it got a 1/2" male drain off cock at the bottom that is accessible?

If so could you drain cylinder remove drain cock, fit 1/2" male - 15mm put a 15mm T on this and drain off in t and connect fill from header into T ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back