noisy pump then no water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The saga of my house continues:

the pump for the CH and HW is now making a tremendous noise, it sounds like the impellor is catching, I know that the system needs flushing as there is black water in the radiators (I have some sentinel 400) but I cannot do this until I have finished the decorating as all the valves need to be open and according to the directions on bottle it could take upto 4 weeks.

the pump is a grundfos selectric 15-50
the house is a 3 bed semi
there are 7 single radiators

anything I can do to stop the impellor noise which is intermittent?

Last night I ran a bath and I like deep baths and just as the water reached reached the level of the overflow (nice deep soak) the Hot water stopped quickly followed by the cold :(. I flushed the toilet as this is mains fed and it refilled as quick as ever so the problem I assume is from the tank end!!!! I'm baffled as to why both would stop, is this related to the pump???

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev,

I'll have a look at Ball Valve tonight.

I had a look at new pumps last night in Bodgit & Quick but the power seemed to be on LHS given directional flow arrow ( which I assume should point from boiler towards tank) there is no room for a LH mounted power unit on mine is there anything I can do?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back