Noisy vailant ecotec 415 & power flush help please.

None of the 3 installers that quoted said we needed a power flush. The installer we chose did a chemical flush which was clearly inadequate hence we paid for a further power flush once Vaillant recommended it.
We invited the installer to help us when the noise started. He declined and asked us to talk directly to Vaillant under the warranty. What a great little earner he must be on.
The boiler is re-pressurised 12-18 months.
I do appreciate the help that Vaillant have given me. However I expected a normal working boiler having used an approved fitter. I have ended up talking over 2 weeks off work waiting for engineers, numerous phone calls, masses of stress and a boiler that I hate. I also think that a 1 year warranty when everyone else was getting 5 is insulting. The area manager and senior engineer were very apologetic.

Sponsored Links
I appreciate that you have had a lot of problems and these have obviously caused inconvenience.

Your installer should have taken a more proactive interest and was in my view significantly to blame leaving a water colour like that.

He was presumably the cheapest!

Unfortunately customers are their worst enemy! They choose the cheapest quote obviously those are the ones without power flushing shown.

None of us here know what the problem is as these are usually very reliable boilers as long as the flow rate is correct.

All that you can expect in my view is a warranty no longer that that on the original boiler. When would that expire?

When does this one year warranty expire on the replacement?

Tony

PS YOU can edit the heading to correct your boiler model to 415

He was the most expensive installer and was recommended. The job cost just under £2,500.
As a customer I think it unreasonable to expect me to advise my installer that I needed a power flush. Isn't that his job as an approved installer? He advised me on what boiler to buy, why not correctly advise me on how to get it installed correctly? My rads are 20 years old. Shouldn't he have known that a power flush was essential?

I believe that of the 10 or so engineers that came they looked at these things you have listed below, although I can't be 100% sure as I am not technically savy enough.

"That makes me wonder if anyone has looked at the pump or flow rate?
Did they measure the flow and return temperatures?
d40 and d41 on the diagnostics!"

Current Warranty will expire early May.

I appreciate that my circumstances are an anomaly, Vaillant have a good reputation, that's why I chose them. But they admitted they could not resolved the problem and they witnessed the noise on several occassions, that's why they changed the boiler. So I am not surprised that it remains an annoying mystery.

Sponsored Links
A power flush is not essential.

But a clean system is essential. How that is achieved is up to the installer, chemical clean, mains water flush or power flush.

The correct colour is clearish to a light straw. But not that orange tea colour of yours!

To me that indicated that there may be some fresh corrosion although quite why when you only top up infrequently is not obvious.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back