Am I being ripped off? Powerflush realy necessary?

You can send water sample away to be analysed ,

Do vaillant carry out water sampling to prove they are right when they say not flushed properly ???

Seen problems in past with too much inhibitor where it caused bubbles and frothing up in the system but not with any of the modern stuff

I think ive seen a small kit you can get in the merchant to test if yourself you know mate.

can you tell me what to ask for please?

Sponsored Links
I would not hold an installer in very high esteem if he fitted a new boiler and added two bottles of leak sealer to the system instead of tracing the leak.

Surely he listed the inhibitor that he used on the Benchmark Certificate which he will ( should! ) have completed and left with the customer.

For that Installation price I would have been very happy to fit the boiler and give it free services for five years!

Tony

we didn't ask him to fix the leak. everyone we spoke to said it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. i will have to check the benchmark certificate, but he put it in after the boiler was installed. what do you charge for a power flush please?

We have had several reports recently of Vaillant service engineers blaming "too much inhibitor" and refusing to accept liability for warrantee issues.

Could it be a management instruction?

But once they have attended thats 80% of the cost of a warrantee visit. The net cost of spare parts is usually small.

Tony

When you say "we" who are you please?
Vaillant have said if they come out again and the water isn't clean they will charge us. nice bunch.

Do vaillant carry out water sampling to prove they are right when they say not flushed properly ???

Seen problems in past with too much inhibitor where it caused bubbles and frothing up in the system but not with any of the modern stuff

I think ive seen a small kit you can get in the merchant to test if yourself you know mate.

Sentinel X100 Quick Test Kit - Sentinel Central Heating Inhibitor

Sentinel X100 Quick Test Kit at PlumbNation has been designed as a quick and easy way to check the level of Sentinel X100 inhibitor in a central heating system. The Sentinel X100 Quick Test disposable kit contains sufficient reagents for testing the system twice.

Sponsored Links

Sentinel X100 Quick Test Kit - Sentinel Central Heating Inhibitor

Sentinel X100 Quick Test Kit has been designed as a quick and easy way to check the level of Sentinel X100 inhibitor in a central heating system. The Sentinel X100 Quick Test disposable kit contains sufficient reagents for testing the system twice.

You can send water sample away to be analysed

When we had ours fitted by warmfront a bloke called 3 weeks later and tested the water while i was there and confirmed there was no inhibitor in.
What did he use? litmus paper?.

Where's the useful link gone in this post please?????

You can send water sample away to be analysed

When we had ours fitted by warmfront a bloke called 3 weeks later and tested the water while i was there and confirmed there was no inhibitor in.
What did he use? litmus paper?.

Where's the useful link gone in this post please?????

You're not allows th post links i think, or i would have posted one for you.

Hi, listened to the noise, and to me it sounds like the CO2 needs resetting, doesnt sound like a dirt problem. I would be asking Vaillant for a second opinion if I were you.

Or look on eBay for a fernox test kit for central heating water, send it to fernox it will come back with everything that is in the system I mean everything not as cheap as sentinal quick test but if all is good vaillent can't walk away from it sentinal test they can. Still if its whistling sound like the heat engine is clogged so will require a powerflush, is the magnaclean clear, also is it connected to the flow or return on top of the boiler? Had a lady up from me have the same after it apparently being cleaned took a day to clean and the system has never been so good. She was close to chucking the vaillent in the dump.

Hi, listened to the noise, and to me it sounds like the CO2 needs resetting, doesnt sound like a dirt problem. I would be asking Vaillant for a second opinion if I were you.

Thanks. any clues on how I get round the additional charge for getting them out again?

Thanks. any clues on how I get round the additional charge for getting them out again?

nope sorry ! If you were on my area I'd have a word for you but I dont know anyone over that way.

I think its a pretty bad attitude of the installer to charge you so much and then what to charge you even more than I would to power flush the system when its HIS responsibility to effectively clean the syetem.

However, I suspect that Micky is right when he says its a boiler setting problem and NOT due to dirt in the system.

Again the installer should have checked and adjusted the boiler settings when he installed it.

You mention the "installation day"! He must have been doing a very long day if he fitted it all in just one day!

The more I hear the worse the installer sounds!

Tony

No point doing your own test they will just disregard it send it away for proper analysis re test that jordon mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back