Noisy Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 624

• Thread starter roberta1000
  • Start date
R

roberta1000

Very occasionally, maybe once or twice a week, I notice the boiler making a very low frequency rumbling sound which vibrates through the house. The sound pulsates at around 2-3 seconds/cycle and goes on for a minute or two. It only does it when the boiler has recently finished a heating cycle (still at almost peak temperature/pressure) and both the HW and CH valves have closed. I can stop it by briefly turning a thermostat to demand and after that it doesn't do it again for several days. Any ideas what it is, if it's a problem of any sort and how I can stop it? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just a bump in the hope that someone has any idea.

The boiler did it again a few minutes ago and I stopped it by enabling the HW heating for a few seconds. It's not likely to do it on demand if I get a heating guy around though. :(

It sounds like a gas setting is wrong.

I suppose you don't bother to get it properly serviced?

Tony

A gas setting when the burner is not lit?

But then again I don't know the ins and outs of them.

Sponsored Links
I think that I misinterpreted what he was trying to explain.

It seems that he probably means the noise is during the pump over run.

If that is the case then I expect the installer did not bother to fit the required auto by pass valve!

But like all heating faults there can be several possible causes.

Tony

Tony

It was installed in June '13. The installer hasn't found a cause and it hasn't done it when he has visited. I don't think it's due its first service yet, but since it's on a maintenance contract I expect it will be done when due.

Quite honestly Agile, you are one of the most ignorant a**holes I have ever had the misfortune to bump into. Your automatic assumption I wouldn't treat kit properly is obviously intended to annoy rather than to help.

If you are so sad why bother to reply at all?

Tony

It was installed in June '13. The installer hasn't found a cause and it hasn't done it when he has visited. I don't think it's due its first service yet, but since it's on a maintenance contract I expect it will be done when due.

Quite honestly Agile, you are one of the most ignorant a**holes I have ever had the misfortune to bump into. Your automatic assumption I wouldn't treat kit properly is obviously intended to annoy rather than to help.

If you are so sad why bother to reply at all?

He's probably right, with the fault you describe.

Whilst I don't like your abuse, I think that it reflects badly on you rather than me! Do you think I am a DIYer who wants to give bad advice?

It is you who did not give the full story about the installation date and the maintenance contract. We can only read what you say!

I don't see why you have a maintenance contract when the boiler is new and under the maker's and installer's guaranty.

I have suggested a likely cause to you, but you have not answered as to whether you have the auto BP which is required by the manufacturer as well as by the building Regulations.

Tony

Whilst I don't like your abuse
You're not meant to like it. If you insult others you can expect the same back.

It is you who did not give the full story about the installation date and the maintenance contract. We can only read what you say!
If you think other information would help just ask, don't insult. I've no idea what would help and what wouldn't.

I don't see why you have a maintenance contract when the boiler is new and under the maker's and installer's guaranty.
Because the contract covers the CH and HW system of which the boiler is only a part.

I have suggested a likely cause to you, but you have not answered as to whether you have the auto BP which is required by the manufacturer as well as by the building Regulations.

Tony
This boiler has it's own and doesn't need an additional separate one (see installation manual and covered by installer in his original quote).
However, this is adjustable so it's a possible avenue of attack. Thanks for that. It's inside the sealed case though, so not one for me.

He's given you free advice. Which I agree with. He may come across as harsh or arrogant, but don't have an argument when you know very little.

I have always taken the view that an auto bypass valve is required. Particularly when used on an "S" plan.

However, obviously you and your installer know better!

Odd that he cannot identify the problem though!

Tony

It usually depends on the volume around the system according to MI's, though fitting external one on S-Plan saves having to make the calculation.

s plans need auto by passes, which can stick sometimes but if it doesn't have one then thats an obvious problem regardless. what do they say "always one port open,!

Quite apart from that, the Vaillants need a minimum water flow rate during over run to cool the heat exchanger.

But all this is way over the head of the OP here who thinks that he and his installer knows it all.

I do not rate his installer very highly as he does not even seem to realise his shortcomings!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back