Noisy Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 624

• Thread starter roberta1000
  • Start date
I do not rate his installer very highly as he does not even seem to realise his shortcomings!

Easy there old chap. Everybody has shortcomings- that include me AND you too. ;)

Sponsored Links
Had a talk with the installer (Vaillant recommended BTW) this afternoon. He confirmed that the Ecotec Plus 624 system boiler has an internal automatic bypass and does not need an additional one. As I noted earlier it is adjustable and he is coming round in a couple of days to run through the settings again. Thanks Agile for pointing to this possibility. I don't think continued slagging of my installer's competence is helpful as he clearly knows the requirements of this boiler. Feel free of course to point out my own shortcomings, though even I can RTFM. ;)

Just to be clearer, the original quote listed all work to be carried out and with reference to a bypass says "if the Vaillant option is chosen a bypass valve will not be fitted as this boiler has an internal one."

In most situations the 624 will require an additional circulator along with an additional.by-pass valve , in most cases the internal by-pass is not enough.

I don't think continued slagging of my installer's competence is helpful as he clearly knows the requirements of this boiler. Feel free of course to point out my own shortcomings, though even I can RTFM. ;)

Just to be clearer, the original quote listed all work to be carried out and with reference to a bypass says "if the Vaillant option is chosen a bypass valve will not be fitted as this boiler has an internal one."

I have to disagree with you there.

So will any competent engineer who is familiar with Vaillant boilers.

Even if any engineer had never heard of Vaillant boilers he would know that an auto bypass valve is normally required with an S plan under the Building Regulations.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I do not rate his installer very highly as he does not even seem to realise his shortcomings!

Easy there old chap. Everybody has shortcomings- that include me AND you too. ;)

Quite so.

But neither of us would be installing a boiler on an "S" plan without an auto bypass valve!

Tony

Agile";p="2987711 said:

But neither of us would be installing a boiler on an "S" plan without an auto bypass valve!

Tony

So just a quick update in case it helps others.

Firstly, the original installer readjusted the INTERNAL auto bypass and this cured the problem. It has not done it for a couple of weeks.

Secondly I emailed Vaillant as to whether an additional auto bypass would be required in my CH system as I described it. Their reply was that 'the internal bypass has sufficient throughput for the boiler and no supplementary bypass is either required or recommended'.

Got it yet Agile? No, I thought not.

And as for
In most situations the 624 will require an additional circulator along with an additional.by-pass valve , in most cases the internal by-pass is not enough.

Oh dear!

Lol lol lol steel masons is probably the most knowledgeable bloke on here mate! So oh dear is not really appropriate

When installing an additional pump to the ecotec an additional by-pass should be fitted in order to avoid the additional pump from dead-heading should all flow cease , this could be the case if all TRV's shut down while zone is still calling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back