Non fused spur, multiple outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a spur in my water tank cupboard, with 3 leads running out to radiator pump etc etc. Is this ok or not? Needless to say I didn't put it in, is there a way to correct it? mini CU?

Sponsored Links
More clear information may be required to give you a proper response.
If you are discribing where the CH pump is connected that is probably the connection box for your CH wiring and not a 'Spur' as discribed.
This is normal to have multiple items wired in such as tank stat, pump, valve supply etc.
Look where the three cables go and re-post.

yes, one goes to the tank stat, one to the pump, and one I can't quite see.

Next question...........could I take a 4th cable off this to run a water pump? 1.5bar. Max 2amps/400 watts

Do you really want the new pump to be on only when your central heating is operational ?, and even so only yes if the central heating controllers can provide enough additional current (so you have to check the rating and circuit design used for the heating before you can make that decision)!

If not you'd be better powering it from a dedicated switched fused spur from the ring - but whats the new pump for ? Then maybe we can help.

Sponsored Links
my new taps which I didn't realise needed minimum 1 bar. I see what you mean, that this supply is regulated from the CH controls, not just a straight power out.

There is another spur in there for the Immersion, but I understand this is left well alone.

Looks like a spur off the ring main dropped down from the loft............with it's own FCU.

may i suggest you ask in the plumbing forum abot the USE of the pump, i think you can not pump mains water (i assume thats your intention)

Junior, i guess you do not have to ask in plumbing, guess where kevplumb usually posts

will be pumping the cold feed from the water tanks, is this ok?

wrong forum I know but just to clarify that I will not drain the queen anne reservoir in the near future

ban-all-sheds said:
Ditch the water tank and cylinder, get combi, no problem with pressure then.

light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance

:D :D :D

ban-all-sheds said:
Ditch the water tank and cylinder, get combi, no problem with pressure then.

just dont you DARE say THAT in the plumbing forum

I never said there weren't other drawbacks, but it does solve the pressure problem..

But overall I'm pleased with my combi. The UK is in a bit of a backwater compared to the rest of Europe when it comes to storing water in tanks...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back