NOOO, Bertie is missing!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My favourite bit of wire is missing..
he's brown, about 18 inches in length, flexible and has a bit of red tape about 2/3 of the way from one end..

I noticed today as I was sorting out my tool boxes than the bit of wire I've had in the bottom of my toolbox for nearly as long as I've been left from school, is missing.. :cry:

one of the lecturers at college told me that "you'll always need a bit of wire for something", so I took him on his word and it's been the best bit of advice I was ever given..
it's usefull for all sorts of things.. testing and fault finding to name but two..

it did start out life about a meter and a half long, but he shrank as needs must when permanent repairs needed a bit..

Sponsored Links
Sorting out your toolbox???? So you've been snowed in too?

I hope you find Bertie soon, he can’t have got far.

I once meet a lad who named all his tools. “Oh that’s Elisabeth my no 2 pozi, and that’s William the ratchet driver” he’d say. Looking at him you wouldn’t have thought he was completely mad, but there ya go.

I've got an 18" length of brown wire here, but I do not think that it is Bertie.

The red tape on this piece is 1/3 from one end :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have a rather large screwdriver, general duties type tool (!) and I call it Big Bertha....

I really think you sparks should try to avoid breathing the fumes while soldering. :D

But as the proud owner of a nearly thirty year old home made cross level, I am probably as bad.

don't know about a bernie brown but there's a bernard green on here

don't know about a bernie brown but there's a bernard green on here

who once had a five yard length of 8 core cable recovered from his dad's office when the new telephones were installed. I was about 6 at the time and that piece of cable was one of the best things in my electrical toy box ( or rather educational and career development kit. )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back