AM2 Test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anybody has done the test recently or know anybody who has. I'm a bit concerned about my lad who will probably be doing it in the next 6 months or so. Trouble is he finished all his college work about 18 months ago so has been working full time on site since and has got out of 'college' mode. I asked him about what he needs to do for it and he seems to think it will be a breeze and he doesn't need to do anything special.

Half the lads he works with either never got around to taking it or some took it and failed and didn't take it again. But they don't seem bothered because they are all earning good money. So they completed 98% of an apprenticeship but couldn't be arsed to take the final step. I'd rather he didn't fall into the same trap.

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind you might get some answers which arn't 100% accurate....

The test changed in the last few years, MI and metallic conduit went out, boiler wiring and a few other things came in

That's a shame. He does loads of metal conduit. I think he should be ok on the actual work. What I'm worried about is the 'by the book' sort of details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back