Nose bleeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone get them?

(DO NOT READ ON IF YOU ARE OF A SQUEAMISH NATURE, HAVE A HEART CONDITION, ARE EASILY STRATLED OR ARE PREGNANT)

I had one today, left nostril. i had had the tissue held to my face for about 5 minutes (I'm a heavy bleeder though). As I could feel pressure building behind my left ear, I thought it best to change the tissue. So when I pulled it away, there was a clot, normal. When I pulled it, it came right down from the top of my nose, and could feel it move behind my ear :confused: At least thats what it felt like. (Out of interest, it is one of those experiences that is quite unpleasant, yet strangely very pleasant indeed)

I was bleeding for about 40 minutes. Now my left ear feels like it does after a long plane journey, when air pressure has changed rapidly. I thought nothing of it at the time, my ears have not been normal for a few days oweing to a cold (which , by the way, is to blame for the bleeding - blowing my nose)

Could I have done any harm? I intend to visit the GP next week sometime, to ask him if he can stop my nosebleeds, because I had my nose cauterised when I was about 12 (under general), and again at 14 (under local), but neither attempt seems to have been terribly successful.

Sponsored Links
So when I pulled it away, there was a clot, normal. When I pulled it, it came right down from the top of my nose, and could feel it move behind my ear

Could I have done any harm?
Was there any grey matter in the clot? If so, then Yes :eek:

Clearly some damage has been done if you think this is the best place to ask for a specific remote health diagnosis.

some people do suffer profound nose bleeds, the cauterisation techniques are improving all the time.
not something to sort out during during a cold infection.

with regard to the ear problem, anyone with a cold should be very carefull when blowing their nose.
the back of the throat (nasal pharaynx) is connected via the eustachian tubes or also known as the

Gray907.png

auditory tube.

why people have to be carefull is because a cold agrivates the mucous membranes causing large quantities of snot to be produced.

this is infected mucous, pushing it into the eustachian tube due to over ethusiastic nose blowing, can and will result in a middle ear infection.

because the inner ear has such a poor blood supply, it becomes very difficult to get rid of an inner ear infection.

Sponsored Links
Clearly some damage has been done if you think this is the best place to ask for a specific remote health diagnosis.
I did also ask NHS direct, however all their nurses were busy so they called me back.

Later in the evening the ear started to hurt. But NHS said this was fine, take painkillers. Its fine now.

Now thats what you call pain ,the morning after getting polyps out . You have 2 super dupper size tampaxs up your nose .
Kid you not at least 2 inches long and when your nurse is in a hurry and just tugs then straight out on the strings with no softening of the crusty bits.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :cry: :cry:

Now thats what you call pain ,the morning after getting polyps out . You have 2 super dupper size tampaxs up your nose .
Kid you not at least 2 inches long and when your nurse is in a hurry and just tugs then straight out on the strings with no softening of the crusty bits.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :cry: :cry:
did you do the upside down pouring of saline solution into your nose and spit out the bits to flush it? :)

Sponsored Links
Back