Not Firing on Start - Old Myson with Bentone burner

YWL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have come across an old Myson with a cutting-out problem after initial start. It'll fire-up but then I hear clicking and it locks out. On inspection the burner assembly comes out of the boiler after losening a screw and collar. It has a Danfoss 0.50/80EH nozzle and usual pump and pump-solenoid but the photocell is hard wired to the control box and the control box itself is an old jobby labelled "Danfoss BHO 11-12 220V".
I'm going back today to check pump pressure and fit a new nozzle. The electrodes appear shorter than usual but complete, the are straight wires from behind the nozzle but end in curves toward each other then back away again before finishing about 4mm apart and 5mm from the nozzle edge but they are above the nozzle (where the hex area meets the front nozzle taper) and not in the spray pattern (as far as I can see) - sorry I don't know how to get an image on here from my PC ....
Anyone know where I can get a tech manual or data from online or know what the problem could be and what the electrode setting should be?
Finally when I combustion test any spec on what I should be seeing? otherwsie I'll go with a comparable (!) modern 50/90 spec.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back