Not very happy with the NIC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 3 weeks ago I passed my DISQ assessment & I was told 2 weeks after my assessment I'd be registered. Been phoning every day for the last week to see if I had been put onto their system. I was being told that they hadnt received the assesors report so I had to ask them to keep chasing it. They were also telling me their system has gone down & they dont know when it will be fixed (how a companies computer system can go down for a week is beyond me).

When I passed my assessment I started getting my name about. I have now had a few people ringing & I cannot issue any certs because I cannot buy them until I am registered.

They also lost my direct debit details aswell & told me that I hadnt posted it to them, but I had.

And finally.. I applied for registration beginning Sept. If I'm lucky I should be registered end Nov, beginning Dec. So thats 2 months of not being registered which I have basically paid for.

What do they say about 1st impressions............. I'm not happy :evil:

Sponsored Links
My scheme provider said - fudge the completion date to get round this

Sponsored Links
My scheme provider was also very quick responding when they had a sniff of my money. Once they had it things slowed down. Not as bad as your case though. Why not ring your assessor every day - he should be pushing your paperwork through as well. Agree just fudge the dates and use a different provider next year!

Those IET certificates are horrible - try Tysoft - they look much nicer or spend a couple of hours with Excel and make your own.

I would agree with your assessor a date by which you should have been fully assessed and ask for your membership to commence then, as a gesture of goodwill. If they refuse, tell them you will definitely be moving next year.

Just checked my dates - my scheme provider got everything sorted on their website within 2 days of my assessment and the paperwork followed within a week. NICEIC wrote to me within a fortnight wanting me to change to them - so they obviously keep scouring the competent person website trying to steal new members pretty quickly.

Time for a change next year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back