Nothing to do with Brexit either...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I guess it's just a coincidence of timing again?

Aviva to move £9bn worth of assets to Ireland

"Britain’s second largest insurer has announced it will move £9bn worth of assets to Ireland as it prepares for Brexit.

Aviva which has more than 14.5 million policyholders has received approval from the High Court in London to transfer €9bn (£7.8 billion) to Dublin.

It follows approval earlier this month to move £1bn to the Irish capital.

The move, which is timed for 10.59pm on 29 March, is designed to deal with the consequences of a no-deal Brexit."

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We are a nation of moaners Notch. UK is populated and weighted towards Victor Meldrew types.

The UK will see sense when natural attrition takes effect. No wonder the likes of DP are nervous as the days pass.

We are a nation of moaners Notch. UK is populated and weighted towards Victor Meldrew types.

The UK will see sense when natural attrition takes effect. No wonder the likes of DP are nervous as the days pass.

How so?

As you (IMHO, correctly) already pointed out, moaning is one of the core defining characteristics of the UK.
Leave or Remain, that won't change.
And discussing the weather (which is often in actual fact, moaning about it). :mrgreen:

"Britain’s second largest insurer has announced it will move £9bn worth of assets to Ireland as it prepares for Brexit.

Aviva which has more than 14.5 million policyholders has received approval from the High Court in London to transfer €9bn (£7.8 billion) to Dublin.

The move, which is timed for 10.59pm on 29 March, is designed to deal with the consequences of a no-deal Brexit."
As you obviously know so much about these things, can you explain what the "movement of assets" acutally means and what the impact will be in real terms.

Oh and not what you think, or some tenuous musings of hypothetical outcomes, but in actual reality. Thanks

I wonder what he moaned about before
The Royal Family,The Weather,he has upped his moan game considerably since joining the BAS "I hate everything British" Soc.He still retains a little of his sense of humour and humanity,but BAS is doing his best to remove it.

The thing is, all you old fogies who moan will, as you say, pass on, leaving the youngsters of today to become the old of tomorrow, and then realising how stupid the youngsters are,start moaning about them.

In the same way our old folk would talk about rationing, meagre existence, bad food, lousy consumer goods (lack-of), except that we will be heading back that way. Folk will talk about the good times we once had and those with sense will hang the ERG from lampposts and insist that the UK get back to being a prosperous nation.

Probably.

I'm still waiting :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Sponsored Links
Back