Notice Requiring Possession

Skitzo2day, Have you ever really known real wealth? you claim you have never known poverty. You cannot comment unless you have had both sweet and sour.

My life story, you would not believe so is pointless relating; the old adage about walking in someone else's shoes would be the best prompt I could impart to you.

Sponsored Links
Skitzo2day, Have you ever really known real wealth? you claim you have never known poverty. You cannot comment unless you have had both sweet and sour.

My life story, you would not believe so is pointless relating; the old adage about walking in someone else's shoes would be the best prompt I could impart to you.
I have known poverty. I never said I didn't. Growing up we had it really tough. Food or fuel. Lights or heat.

I'm not rich now either but what I do have is from the sweat of my brow....which is why people saying they need hand outs annoys me.

i agree, handouts should be stopped for all those who are fit and able to get a job. STAT.

I have never taken a single benefit, and worked VERY hard to get qualified for my dream job.

A friend of my mothers has a daughter who refuses to go out to work, because she says that she wont work for £6 per hour, but when at school would rather bunk off and take drugs or get drunk than study. She now has been given a council home, found a man and got pregnant, and has found a local charity which furnishes houses for poor people (which of course have furnished her house).

If it were up to me, she would be working for £6 per hour and would not have a choice because there would be no handouts for people like that.

As stated, there is plenty of affordable housing available if you take the time to look, and whats to say that the landlord wont decide to pay up all that is owed? can you not contact him and ask what is going on?

makes me chuckle... the same person thanking on each post.... must have a joe 90 moment.....

Sponsored Links
So after all that... would that notice have to be served on each individual tenant (inlcuding me) for us ALL to move out or as that notice is addressed to him, it only concerns him and nobody else? Meaning... is there another standard template/form that soley relates to people renting rooms?

not going to answer me then?

it would help work out the answer.

Apologies. Been a little tied up with other things.

There are three tenants who have an agreement with the landlord.

The landlord sent the notice from his house, which is now in Canada. The notice was sent as a normal letter (i.e. not recorded delivery).

The landlord sent an email attaching the notice a few days later.

...There are three tenants who have an agreement with the landlord...

...one of the tenants received a...
NOTICE OF POSSESSION...
If the tenants each has an individual tenancy agreement, then the notice can only be effective on the tenant who received it

however if they have a joint tenancy agreement, I would expect it to be effective on all of them. Though that would be more usual if a husband and wife, or mother and daughter, for example, were joint tenants. IIRC this is usually done so that if one of them dies, the other does not become homeless.

Hope you have made an appointment at the CAB?

Yes, there are three individual agreements, hence why I had a feeling this was only directed towards me and nobody else.

No I haven't made an appointment at the CAB. I went there back in January 2009 when I and my housemates at the time went without heating and hot water for 6 weeks. At present, we are again without heating as there's a problem with our boiler. I reported this problem to the maintenance bloke about 3 weeks ago. Nothing done to date. We had no compensation back in January 2009 even though we had to temporarily move out because of it.

As I have been served this notice, I'm even tempted moving out sooner than the stated date and therefore not paying my last month rent. Yes, the landlord has a deposit of mine but it's peanuts, which I'm not bothered if I get back. Basically... I only had to give him one weeks rent as a deposit, which is about £90. So that compared to a full months rent is nothing. I'm thinking what action the landlord could take if I didn't pay this last months rent. He lives in Canada so for him to come back to the UK and sort it out would cause him a lot of time and money, which he "may" just agree to get me out and be done with it.

Sponsored Links
Back