Notification after payment??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is there a legal obligation to notify gas safe of a new boiler installation immediately after completion? sometimes before receiving payment.

I always notify straight away, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to chase a current customer for payment. Would I be in the wrong to not notify until payment received?

Regards,

Graham

Sponsored Links
We don't GWN or register the extended boiler warranty until the customer has paid their bill.

This is normally a formality as our T&Cs state the balance is due on satisfactory completion.

If a customer wants a few days to check the system over this is normally granted, but the above still applies.

Sponsored Links
Whether it's legal or not, I be buggereded if I would notify the thing if customer not coffed up :evil:

I know it's a legal obligation to noftify for boilers.

More wanting to know about timescale & holding out for payment first

I suppose I should give you a bit more background.

This is an insurance job. A leak from a flat above fried a very old boiler. The owners were in the process of moving house and couldn't leave without resolving and wanted a replacement.
The insurance company and freeholder have been very unhelpful with them from the start; not wanting to pay for flushing etc. so it is being split between the freeholders insurance and the owners.

The flat purchasers' solicitors are after the notification and I don't want to do it until I'm paid, but want to check where I stand before I tell them that.

Balls to that you have a duty to notify, within a reasonable time, a) don't be reasonable and b) get payment first, as far as i am concerned no "work" has taken place untill the bill has been settled i think thats more than fair, you don't get your car before you pay, don't get your MOT before you pay be darned if id give into that

Thanks to you all for not taking this into the CC - it's been interesting to follow.

You have a duty to notify regardless of payment being received or not.
But you won't have plod on your doorstep exactly. Hold out for your money. If they want to they can just get a CP12 to "bypass" you, but you might as well use what leverage you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back