Notify Building Regulations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We want a new boiler installed and access to the roof will be required to fit a new flue. Will the fitter we choose have to notify Building Regulations regarding the boiler installation? Is this mandatory and, if so, does someone come round to inspect the work? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
No - the gas fitter will advise the appropriate body for correct installation for which you will receive paperwork eventually. Adding a vent slate to the roof isn't structural nor notifiable.

Noone will come and inspect the work, but you must make sure the fitter is registered with gassafe for it to be legal (you can check his number online).

yes the installer has to notify his work, a registered gas installer will be able to self certify the work he does

as an example we are gassafe registered for gas and Napit registered for electrical & Competent persons
We notify Napit they in turn forward the details to the relevant authority
who in turn issue the Blue Certificate
only 1 or 2 jobs a year get checked if any.

Sponsored Links
Hi, (I tried creating my own thread but didn't work so resurrected this instead)

we are in the process of selling our house and have a interested buyer. However, searches reveal that the boiler has not been registered with building regulation. Obviously the buyer is not happy about thus.

The boiler was installed in 2012 and we have the manual; the corgi guy who installed it has filled in his details in the back benchmark section. However I have been unable to locate him and he is no longer a registered installer. I tried finding him on the corgi website https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/find-an-engineer/ but he's not there

Any advice on what I can do?

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...th-buildings-regulation.500110/#ixzz5Ai0a3kMe

30 quid indemnity from solicitor covers it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back