novagard strobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have fitted a gardtec novagard 2 bellbox just recently, its extremely loud and comfort leds are outstanding but the only issue is the strobe, well its not really a strobe as in a xenon tube its more of a big led in the middle of the comfort leds, I find this to be very dim I can barely notice it during the day, is it normal for an alarm strobe to be this way? I wouldn't have thought so as I thought the whole idea was for it to be seen?
The lens colour is red if that helps?
thanks and happy new year to all.

Sponsored Links
Most bell boxes now come with led strobes as this reduces the current draw of the bell box in alarm condition.
Opac lens mite more visible, but they tend to be all the same in day light

Hi, thanks I will give the opal a go see how that goes, failing that is there a decent bellbox out there? one thats loud with bright strobe, I have seen a lot of deltabells round my area with their backlights, I might try one out mind you it will probably look daft having backlit on without a logo anyway. are the deltabells loud enough and bright enough to attract attention?
cheers

Delta bell sound output 104 dB
Delta bell seems to be most installers choice these days

Sponsored Links
ironically that's the very sounder I just removed and replaced, it was a odyssey 1, I ended up removing it because it wasn't sounding properly the tone was very quiet for the most part with random louder chirps like it was trying to go but it couldn't, the strobe on the oddy 1 was better than the novagard it has to be said.

like I say I will give the opal lens a try but if its crap, what is the deltabell like?, I know db ratings can be pretty inaccurate. Will they do the job? and most important are they bright enough to be seen as well as scare off? thanks

The use of strobes or whatever you want to call them is to help attract attention to the premises in the dark, NOT in the middle of a sunny day.
( Might as well not be on in the middle of the day )

Over the years I have tested the output of many sounders never had one that did not sound LOUDER than the manufacturers specification, all be it by just a dB or two.

Back lights, a new 'jimmic' won't be around for ever. Never seen such a hideous sight on a house.

I like that word, thanks Steve.

How old was the odyssey 1 bell box ?
Telecom had a batch of faulty piezo sounder which caused the bell box to chirp.You need to replace the piezo and bell box will work.

If you wanted a loud sounder fit an aritech SCB sounder still available but hard to find ( now under GE security brand ) security wharehouse still stock them !

Sorry, but swapping a Novagard for a Deltabell is like swapping a Rolls Royce for a Reliant Robin...

Explain why ...?
As a company we have fitted
Gardtec bell boxes .... been ok but nothing special , with a cold temperature issue on some , tamper switch issues on others and piezo issues like the rest....plus gardtec shots themselves in the foot when they closed down the branches...
Definitely nothing Rolls-Royce about them ....

Hi all, just so you understand, loudness wise the novagard is more than adequate for me,it really hammers your ears, I think it is actually louder than my older sounder(odyssey 1) when that was working properly and it difinitely did before however I tested it a while back and it wasn't it working properly from what has been mentioned its possible the "piezo's" were the fault.
The oddysey 1 was installed roughly 2 years ago.

Question I am asking is if changing the novagard lens to opal doesn't make a difference, visibility wise strobe only, comfort leds are fine,
is there a better sounder out there, one with equal volume but with a brighter strobe?
I have never used a pyronix deltabell but have seen a lot around my area, so I presume they are good? All I want to know is if the strobe on them are good and loud enough like the novagard to scare someone off.
I will have a look at the aritech scb bell, I would imagine the strobe on one of those are good? in terms of visibility?, that's including daytime.

Basically the sounder(loudness wise) and comfort leds are perfect they couldn't be better for me, its just the strobe that is lacking, I would go as far as to say the comfort leds on this bellbox are more visibility strong than the strobe itself:LOL:.

All I am after is a bellbox with equal volume and comfort leds but with a brighter strobe.
thanks

Last edited:
LED strobes in bell boxes are rubbish, but they will be as the flash energy is orders of magnitude lower. If you need a high energy flash then strobe is the only way to go.

LED strobes in bell boxes are rubbish, but they will be as the flash energy is orders of magnitude lower. If you need a high energy flash then strobe is the only way to go.
Hi sorry for late reply long day yesterday and was ****ing knackered, do you mean like a separate strobe unit or beacon? (those round things with xenon tubes) mounted next to bellbox?
thanks

Hi sorry for late reply long day yesterday and was ****ing knackered, do you mean like a separate strobe unit or beacon? (those round things with xenon tubes) mounted next to bellbox?
thanks
No I just mean if you need a bright strobe, don't buy a bell box with an LED strobe in it! All of the Texecom bell boxes that are powered from the panel still use traditional strobes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back