novagard strobe

No I just mean if you need a bright strobe, don't buy a bell box with an LED strobe in it! All of the Texecom bell boxes that are powered from the panel still use traditional strobes.
I see, I will buy another oddysey if the opal lens on novagard doesn't make a difference. I was reading other posts and apparently sounder failure was a common thing with texecom, but I trust they have fixed them by now. The texecom strobe was definitely much brighter than the novagard I can remember that much.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends how much you need the strobe. Personally I wouldn't bother buying another box - the bell box is a visual deterrent only really.

Explain why ...?
As a company we have fitted
Gardtec bell boxes .... been ok but nothing special , with a cold temperature issue on some , tamper switch issues on others and piezo issues like the rest....plus gardtec shots themselves in the foot when they closed down the branches...
Definitely nothing Rolls-Royce about them ....

Just personal experience I guess. We've fited circa 700 units since around 2009 and have had very little trouble from them. I think I personally have changed 2 (one DOA, one failed after around 2 years)

They feel well built to me, it's the only bell I can think of where the electronics are in a properly sealed enclosure, nice and loud, not very expensive either. Most of the tamper issues seemed to be from engineers that didn't adjust the tamper switch properly in my experience. Considering we only use the Deltabell on Enforcer jobs (less than 100 since 2014), I've replaced 3 with faulty tamper switches and one that drained the batteries after 6 months. Just my 2p, personally would take the Nova over the Deltabell any day.

All the leading manufacturers have had issues with the bell boxes .
Faulty piezo and tamper switches are common across all the ranges.
Gardtec had various issues with the spring style tamper switch in the 90's,piezo problems and component supply issues which lead to a temperature problem bell boxes chirping at minus low temperatures.
Texecom have had piezo issues
Pyronix have had piezo and micro switch issues
C&K active gard and flashguard and Elmdene 030 all had issues with water damage on pcb
Personal choice at the end of the day.

Sponsored Links
Prima 030 now they where poor !
Saying that still have loads of prima 300/500 still out there shame they didn't have a detachable battery ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back