Now I am NOT happy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Long story, having our ensuite re-furbed. Last month we sacked the plumbers (used that term loosely) who were doing it as they made a mess of the tiling and damaged our vanity unit. Parted on reasonable terms, we purchased a replacement unit and made them nothing.

Anyway, I rebuilt the badly built false wall and got it professionally tiled. Today I fitted the toilet looks fantastic against the dark porcelain tiles. Connected the water feed, all fantastic. Let a couple of inches of water into the cistern to check for leaks - nothing, I was happy. Thought before I fixed it to the floor and wall I would test the flush.

First couple of flushes seemed fine, then I saw water coming from behind the tiles - it's leaking from the flexible soil connector behind our newly tiled walls!!!!! Really contemplating now getting a professional plumber in to sort out and complete the ensuite. Sort out the toilet problem and fit a shower enclosure. I am nervous about getting a plumber from the yellow pages as they could be like the last cowboys.

If anyone fancies a couple of days work, please reply if interested. This thing is getting beyond a joke now, it's not doing my health any good!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back