NOW KEN BARLOW (Bill Roache)

Only the ones who are after making some quick money, hoping for some sort of payout for their sordid fantasies, do they care if they have ruined someones reputation? why now, and not at the time of the alledged offence?

If you are talking about the woman behind this allegation you could hardly accuse her of wanting quick money.
She waited over forty five years and he's been rich and famous for all of that time. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
But these 'acts' are only just coming to light. It could it be a case of jumping on the band wagon Sooey?

It might. Or it could be a case of somebody feeling scarred for most of their life and feeling that there was no chance of doing anything about it. Then being encouraged to come forward after seeing that the authorities were taking similar cases seriously.
Think about it, if this same woman had come forward 5, 10 or twenty years ago she wouldn't have had any chance at all of being listened to, the climate has changed.
Or as you say she may just be a bandwagoneer, I wouldn't know.

opportunist, in the case of rape allegations, it should be reported straight away, for forensic evidence to be obtained, reporting it years after the event does not add credence to the claim.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
I don't know, of course, but I tend to go along with the 'opportunist money grabber' theory.

How strange that all these so-called victims (and not only the Ken Barlow contingent) have waited all this time. If someone is actually raped, you would expect them to seek help immediately and, as Wotan says, whilst 'forensic evidence' is still present. So why wait? Perhaps the 'victims' were quite willing, as so often seems to have been the case in the 'swinging sixties', have since forgotten about it and then, with all this sort of publicity prevalent today, saw a quick buck on offer.

It's just too much of a coincidence that all these recent claims are against 'celebrities' who, one presumes, are not short of a bob or two. Where are all the poor accused 'rapists'?

Obviously we don't know any facts yet (probably never will) but it comes down to the old question of what is rape. I mean are they saying that Ken Roach was hiding behind a tree then jumped out on some girl and forced her to have sex? Or did she sleep with him willingly (despite being under aged) but the law says it is rape?

I got a smack on the nose when I was twelve but I doubt if I could report it now.

The reason there is a minimum age is that juveniles are not old enough to decide between willing or unwilling.

Any body knowingly having sex with an under age minor has deep rooted issues.

The reason there is a minimum age is that juveniles are not old enough to decide between willing or unwilling.

I agree 100 per cent but should that be rape or under age sex?

I agree 100 per cent but should that be rape or under age sex?

I have always regarded the definition of rape as sexual intercourse without consent. Of course, I'm sure some legal expert will be along to prove me wrong.

Edit: If this carries on much further, Coronation Street will end up with an entirely female cast!

Sponsored Links
Back