NTL Broadband

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have NTL Cable TV and phone, and unmetered dial-up Infernet. they keep trying to get me to take their Broadband.

However, I see from the Which survey that they are the worst supplier in the country by a substantial margin for customer satisfaction, reliability, ease of use, support.

I found my original phone service poor in the early weks, but it settled down and now seems dependable.

This hardly encourages me to sign up for 12 months with them. However, if it works, it would be good value for me.

Has anyone here ever needed to terminate an NTL contract early for poor performance, and did you have trouble with penalty charges?

Sponsored Links
I have NTL`s 3 for £30 and have no troubles at all I have been with them for years and Comcast before them.

JonB

We have the NTL 3 pack and mostly it is reliable, but when it does go wrong, as stated by previous posts, the customer service is non existent, no support after midday Saturday until monday am etc.

I have also noticed that the picture quality on some channels is really low, most noticably the second channels, like itv2, sky2 and also on the bidtv channels. I don't know if this is NTL or a more general problem. Perhaps come Sky package owners would like to comment.

Sponsored Links
OOI,

broadbandsat.jpg

(can you see that?)

i am not sticking up for them, but there are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics.

but in general they NTL are useless. I knew some one who worked there for a while, (salesman) he didn't stay long

Only going on experience, but I've had their broadband for years, and it has only been 'off-line' twice, and reasonably fast, so I havn't had to use their 'customer service' much...

However, their TV service is another matter, and if the 'help' for broadband is the same as for the TV, then I can understand the complaints!

Had ntl broadband for about 3 years probably and although there are "outages" the service is usually pretty good download speeds are reasonable, I have never bothered with customer services as more than not they do not know what they are talking about eg, it is a well known fact that a cable modem attached to a PC via ethernet cable is vastly superior and more stable than a cable modem attached via USB, but customer services insist that you should always connect the modem to the PC via USB.

A friend of mine rang customer services a while ago to complain about no internet and was told that her PC was knackered when in fact she had inadvertantly knocked the power suppy on the modem whilst cleaning so it was'nt connected properly

breezer said:
you may want to look at NThell

Shish kebab...that's some forum.i thought we had it bad around here on kingston communications..@ 29%...the only probem i have with KC is going off line when your in the middle of something,Very annoying.and also £17.98 per month for 2.3meg.

Get broadband with your cable and cancel your telephone and get VOIP on your broadband....
Done and done....
If you isp supports all three, then they might give you a promotional price since your getting all three(video, internet, and phone) service from them...

shdwsclan said:
Get broadband with your cable and cancel your telephone and get VOIP on your broadband....
Done and done....
If you isp supports all three, then they might give you a promotional price since your getting all three(video, internet, and phone) service from them...
most people on cable tv have broadband from the same provider. and there are only 2 main cable providers in this country. I think telewest were offing 3 for £30 - phone, tv and broadband for £30.

I wish I could get cable :cry:

I used have NTL, and whilst their support and customer services are diabolical - heres someone talking to one of the tech people that moved to america... (warning contains bad language here. The actual broadband service is very good indeed. I now live in a non cabled area and have a crappy contended adsl connection. My advice is to go for it.

Been on NTL B/B for nearly two years (was with bt prior who were a nightmare!!!!) and I have to sat that not only do they save me around £1000pa but I have just one or two minor niggles in that time.

We have the 10mb service with TV and free phone calls.

I recommend them but as with everything, one mans meat etc... :D

Compared to BT these guys are the mutts etc

Regards

(ps I don;t work for them :D :evil:

I migrated from NTL dialup to NTL Broadband, and after 2 months most of my email addresses were deleted.

As I feared would happen, NTL didn't migrate them from my old account to my new one, even though I specified it when I placed the order, and reminded them using the "contact us" on their customer service web-page and (in the absence of a reply) by email. My phone bill includes several pounds of calls to their support desks due to faults with the connection and set-top-box (they are one of those companies that has a high-cost phone line for customer support, so that the more faulty their services are, and the more calls you make, and the longer you're kept hanging on, and the less competent they are at fixing the problem, the more the customer in excessive call charges :evil: :evil: :evil:

They still have the worst customer-service rating of all UK telecomms companies and apparently are wondering why they keep losing customers. I think I know.

p.s. As I suspected would happen, they also tried to charge me for my old dial-up service for a couple of months after migration (as well as the new one), but I had taken the precaution of cancelling the direct-debit, so I got their credit-control whining at me about an unpaid account.

dont know what number youve been calling, the only premium one is the dial up support line

Call
Existing ntl customers

National Customer Services 0845 454 0000*
8am to 8pm Mon to Fri
9am to 5pm Sat
Broadband Technical Support 0871 225 1111*
8am - midnight 7 days a week
Dial-up Technical Support 0906 301 2222
New customers
0845 234 4545*
Mon - Fri - 8am - 9pm
Sat - 9am - 6pm
Sunday - 10am - 4pm

* Calls cost no more than 5p per minute from BT landlines. 6p connection fee applies to all chargeable calls made by ntl telephone customers. Calls from non-BT lines may vary

Sponsored Links
Back