Nu-Way FOL33 Oil Burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Having an intermittent (bloody annoying!!) fault with my oil fired burner.
19 times out of 20 burner starts hunky-dory without problem.
1 time out of 20 controller fires the spark down the electrodes, but the motor does not start ( & hence fuel pump et al ).
Problem started just recently after running out of fuel - hence I have cleaned the fuel filter, pump filter & nozzle.
The controller is a Satronic TF830.3 and I'm assuming the the problem is 'caused either by a faulty controller or by a faulty motor.
Just looking for some reassurance that I'm looking in the right place!?!?
As a seperate issue, what do you use as a thread sealant on oil filter fittings? I've been using PTFE tape but always seem to still get the odd drip ....

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Sponsored Links
well if the motor just hums and lock out, it could be capacitor.

but with these intermittent lockouts i often find the pump is nadgered.

this is were you need a px gauge to check.

i only use ptfe, sparingly couple of wraps, bang too much on and it just rides (ooerr) up the thread. and of course tighten with a scaffold tube.

i hate that rocol oil seal. i think mines gone hard..... :LOL:

I find ptfe too fiddly when there's oil around, so I use flue sealing silicone rubber. No drips, just gets smeared over everything if your'e not careful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back