nu way burner stopping and starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
i have a merlin boiler with a nu way st50 burner which as just started cutting out then starting up again with a cloud of smoke from the flue it does this 2 or 3 times before it settles down , it as just had a new control box and photoresistor, and solenoid valve,+ new pump filter and inline filter, so i know there ok any ideas what could be the problem ,there is also plenty of oil at the pump,
regards peter

Sponsored Links
Possibly air setting too high, blowing the flame away from the head, photocell loses flame and reignites; Have you checked the oil pressure? How old is the nozzle, you don't mention changing that.

hi there
never thought of air setting but i will check also nozzle was renewed when all other things were renewed not long ago,
i think the pump setting should be 10 bar i will check,
regards peter

Sponsored Links
White smoke =
excess air (need a flue gas analyser to set correctly)
low fuel pressure causing poor atomization (pressure guage required)
defective nozzle - replace
incorrect combustion head geometry - (only effects larger ST burners as the small ones have a fixed non adjustable head)
Contamination of the fuel with water or other foreign substance ;)

hi there
i have a friend down england he said for a nights b&b he will come up end of september and set it all up for me so i snapped his hand off,let you know how he gets on at the end of the month and many thanks to every ones for there help,
regards peter,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back